Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar effect (Read 9534 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar effect

A quick mod of foosion's effect for those who would like to have the RMS rendered, but keep the shading effect.

NB: this is an effect for use in foo_wave_seekbar.

Edit: forgot to add attachment >.<.

[attachment=5607:seekbar.zip]
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #1
Update: a new version that scales the waveform according to replaygain values. By default, it uses the track gain, but an edit of the file will enable the use of album gain instead.
[attachment=5609:seekbar_rg.zip]
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #2
what if the track doesn't have any ReplayGain metadata?
You need to code for that as well.

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #3
Hope it's ok that I make this a "seekbar.fx thread", I thought it best to keep effects together.

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #4
Excuse me, but how do i install these 'effects' ? I tried opying and pasting the code in the WSH Panel Mod and copying the file inside the components folder, but that obviously didnt work out

Anyone?

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #5
Hi,

backup your "seekbar.fx" (for example rename it to "seekbar.fx.BAK") under "foobar2000\effects". Then just copy the new file to this folder. You have to restart foobar to take effect.

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #6
thanks for the help, but i dont  have a Effects folder or a default Seekbar.fx file... i tried creating a new Effects folder and placing the seekbar file from this thread into it, restarted Foobar, but i dont see any changes
Im running the DefaultUI.. is that why i dont have a Effect folder?

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #7
The Effects folder is in your personal application data folder along with other player settings. You can open it by typing %appdata%\foobar2000 in an address field of any explorer window, or by holding shift and selecting selecting 'File' -> 'Browse configuration folder' menu option in foobar.

foo_wave_seekbar effect

Reply #8
thanks for the help, but i dont  have a Effects folder or a default Seekbar.fx file... i tried creating a new Effects folder and placing the seekbar file from this thread into it, restarted Foobar, but i dont see any changes
Im running the DefaultUI.. is that why i dont have a Effect folder?

Hi

The user & program config data folders are hidden folders, and while Case gave you a way to access foobar's appdata folder quickly, in many cases (other than just fb2k) you may need access to another program's data folder, so I like to show folks where these are and how to make them visible.
You simply need to make hidden folders show in explorer view, in any window, click "Tools - Folder options" in the main menu, or you can open Ctrl Panel and then Folder Options. Click the View tab and then set Hidden Folders to show. There may be a few options in there you might wanna change in case you don't already, like hiding known file type extensions, I don't like not having these show as it can be a security issue. Some exploits have used the hidden extensions to fool users into thinking a .vbs (or whatever) file is a simple txt file, and when opened it can run malicious script.

Anyway,  program and user hidden data folders are stored in the user folder, you'll now see the AppData folder visible under your user folder tree and they show as slightly faded folders. The Roaming folder is where most program config folders are stored but some may be in the Local folder too.
Hope this helps you some. If you already had hidden folders set to show....NVM the above babble.. 
Dave