Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CUI]Artwork with Jewel Case? (Read 4274 times) previous topic - next topic

[CUI]Artwork with Jewel Case?

Is it possible to make the artwork have like, a jewel case look to it? Like add the spine and the reflection of the plastic cover? I've included a little mockup that i made, it just doesnt include the gloss (i couldn't figure it out in ps)

Reply #1
I think you can do it using Panel Stack Splitter, and exploiting the "forced layout" feature, to stack one panel (the jewel case png picture with transparency) on top of another (the actual cover).

edit: not sure whether PPS requires Columns UI to work, though

Reply #2
It's pretty easy to do in panelstack, the hardest part really is making the case in photoshop. you can use a semi transparent circle for the gloss.

spine_w is the width of the cd spine, disc.png is the cd case.

Code: [Select]
$puts(spine_w,20)
$imageabs($get(spine_w),0,$sub(%_width%$get(spine_w)),%_height%,%path%,artreader nokeepaspect)
$imageabs(0,0,%_width%,%_height%,path\to\disc.png,nokeepaspect)

Reply #3
huh. Thanks for the help!

Reply #4
How can I get this to work? I want to display the album art in a jewel case.

Where is the forced layout feature. Where do I put that code?

Thanks !

Reply #5
marc2003 already has a script that requires wsh panel mod and that will show albumart in a jewel case
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

There are some other excellent samples as well

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU FOLLOW VERY CARFEULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE SAMPLES README.PDF THAT COMES WITH THE DOWNLOAD

For more support see this thread

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=767799

Reply #6
Many thanks....got it to work. Just asking the author if the same can be done for the rear artwork