Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1375949 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2775
In my opinion, this error occurs only on win 8.1, but not in win 7 or win 8.

i already mentioned it's not the OS. i'm using 8.1 myself and i've tested everything from XP SP3 (unpatched, running IE6) upwards.

Code: [Select]
I check this error  too  with foobar 1.29  and foobar 1.30.

my scripts need WSH panel mod version 1.5.0 or above and that in turn requires foobar v1.1 or above. if you didn't meet these requirements, the script wouldn't even load.

Reply #2776
I had some similar problem days ago, but i don't know why suddently they were solved...
Do you have IE as default browser?
The Lasfm scripts in my config turned back fully functional when i setted Chrome ad my default browser.
marc2003 told me it was just a coincidence (and if he say so it surely is) but give it a try.

Reply #2777
maybe it was chrome?? but if it is, it's a pretty nasty bug on their side. having browser X installed should never, ever affect the behaviour of browser Y.

Reply #2778
maybe it was chrome?? but if it is, it's a pretty nasty bug on their side. having browser X installed should never, ever affect the behaviour of browser Y.

Marc, i noticed that when i delete all files in artist folder like 0124976 , it wont again download bio and image untill i clear IE temporary files. I am forced to do this every time when i delete something. This happen for bio text srcipt and thumbs. Is this normal, or i have problem?

Reply #2779
IE caches files and echonest/last.fm files have an expiry time of 24 hours if you view them. it's fairly obvious they don't want you hitting them up for the same page more than once a day. but as you can see, musicbrainz doesn't seem to care...

when you delete my own cached files, i guess my script hits the IE cache and displays nothing. i don't know why that is.

if you didn't delete the files my script creates, you wouldn't have this issue.

edit: i should say you can bypass this by adding a random string to the url. because the URL is "new", it bypasses whatever is in the cache. this is already implmented on some of my last.fm scripts but it cannot be implented on my bio script which uses the echonest because it rejects anything without required parameters.

Reply #2780
IE caches files and echonest/last.fm files have an expiry time of 24 hours if you view them. it's fairly obvious they don't want you hitting them up for the same page more than once a day. but as you can see, musicbrainz doesn't seem to care...

when you delete my own cached files, i guess my script hits the IE cache and displays nothing. i don't know why that is.

if you didn't delete the files my script creates, you wouldn't have this issue.

edit: i should say you can bypass this by adding a random string to the url. because the URL is "new", it bypasses whatever is in the cache. this is already implmented on some of my last.fm scripts but it cannot be implented on my bio script which uses the echonest because it rejects anything without required parameters.

thanks,i thought something was wrong with my.. i tried to disable IE to create temporary files completely, but it doesn't seem's possible..
I guess there was nothing to do, except to create option in menu to clear cache if needed, or to clear cache every time when it runs download.vbs, because you can do this from there.. but not necessary needed..

Reply #2781
to be fair, the idea of deleting the files my script creates only to download them again immediately is idiotic.

i can understand people might want to clear it out if they've accumulated a lot of info for artists which they no longer play. but that's something you'd do once a week/month- not multiple times a day.

Reply #2782
to be fair, the idea of deleting the files my script creates only to download them again immediately is idiotic.

i can understand people might want to clear it out if they've accumulated a lot of info for artists which they no longer play. but that's something you'd do once a week/month- not multiple times a day.

I know. I did it just to test how work google and yahoo..

Reply #2783
well you could have just said you testing your own image scripts instead of mentioning that you were deleting my bio panel's json files as well.

a quick google found this if you want a quick way to clear it.

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

you could even launch it from within one of my panels using

p.run("RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8");

Reply #2784
well you could have just said you testing your own image scripts instead of mentioning that you were deleting my bio panel's json files as well.

a quick google found this if you want a quick way to clear it.

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

you could even launch it from within one of my panels using

p.run("RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8");

thanks a lot, i think i will not need this for now, but i'll make an option in the menu for later testing. I'm trying to figure out how to download a full size image..

Reply #2785
marc2003

My last experiment and perhaps this will end.
I installed a portable version of foobar2000 v. 1.30b5, then added the only component foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod (latest version), as well as your folders - samples & mark2003 (last version).
Windows 7 - the images are downloaded to the corresponding subfolders of wsh_lastfm folder.
In VirtualBox I create new VM, install Windows 8.1 only (no adds  software). I move Foobar2000 portable from Win 7 to Win 8.1 and start it.
Now for new artist the images not download to the corresponding subfolders of wsh_lastfm folder.

Reply #2786
i assume you're seeing reports of http error code 0 in the console, even on this brand new 8.1 install?

well i really am out of ideas. like i said, i'm running 8.1 myself and it works fine for me. i never test clean foobar installs either. i just copy my own folder between various OSes and it works the same in all of them.

Reply #2787
I add my lable (pIv) in your script  - common7.js
function images(x, y, w, h)
line 1662:
p.console("(piv) HTTP error: " + im.xmlhttp.status);

Then I start foobar on win 8.1.
Console log:
"Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\pIvMusic\Foreign\Yes\1977 - Going For The One\01. Going For The One.mp3"
Now Playing: (piv) HTTP error: 0"

That's all.

Reply #2788
hi marc,

I was wondering why you don't use allmusic for an album review/info script like the one romor made for the bio plugin instead of last.fm? it would be great to be able to download them to a text file like your other scripts enable.

Sorry if this has been answered already but my search rendered way too many results for me to sift through.

cheers

Reply #2789
well there isn't much need as romor's script also caches data. you might have to edit the .vbs file to enable it. IIRC, it just creates one large file.

i don't think have the skills to adapt it to work with my scripts. i'm useless at understanding vbscript and parsing webpages. i might have a look later if i get really bored.

Reply #2790
I add my lable (pIv) in your script  - common7.js
function images(x, y, w, h)
line 1662:
p.console("(piv) HTTP error: " + im.xmlhttp.status);

Then I start foobar on win 8.1.
Console log:
"Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\pIvMusic\Foreign\Yes\1977 - Going For The One\01. Going For The One.mp3"
Now Playing: (piv) HTTP error: 0"

That's all.

Perhaps this is because in Windows 64 bit(if you use this OS, don't now), you have 2 internet explorer, one is for 32 bit , and second is for 64 bit. If foobar or script(32 bit) call's folder ''C:\program files''  windows redirects  all usage to ''C:\program files(x86)'' , i'm just guessing what might causing this problem. Don't now if foobar have support for windows 64 bit or use 32 bit version instead? It also use redirection for dll's and cscript.exe..
Also this can be some bug in window 8 install, because it works for Marc and don't work for you..
I'm using foobar v1.2.9 on windows 7  64bit in portable mod without problems..
But i was also have problem with internet explorer, if i run IE for 64 bit it crashes, but if i run IE for 32 bit it works ok...
Try to update IE, maybe this will help? And in foobar>preferences>networking try to check ''no proxy''.

Reply #2791
i don't know the real technical ins and out's but i think i can say with 99.9999% certainty that the Microsoft.XMLHTTP activex object my scripts use is 32bit only.
foobar proxy preferences are irrelevant.
IE proxy settings could affect it but obviously pIv would know to use the same settings on all OSes.
and updating IE really won't help. i've recently tested on an unpatched XP SP3 system with IE6 so obviously any version of IE11 is going to work and everything in between.

Reply #2792
marc2003

I found the solution. My browser (IE), when I typed in the address field last.fm redirect it to lastfm.ru.
Then, on the site lastfm.ru I changed the language from Russian to English. Now, when I type in the address last.fm I get to the site last.fm (IE cookies).
Then I started foobar2000 and download images from site last.fm in the now playing window began to work.

I think that this decision is applicable to other languages ​​for the site last.fm.

Reply #2793
heh, i did ask you to test that yesterday but you didn't answer...  if you did test, i suppose you would have used your local one anyway. and i didn't know cookies re-directed it.

Reply #2795
@blaxima, i did have a go at attempting an allmusic review script. it does not pull the artist bio.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

files changed / added:
marc2003\common7.js
samples\allmusic review.txt

changelog: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...h/changelog.txt

Marc2003, I hope  you permit me to share these wsh scripts at tieba@baidu (a Chinese foobar2k forum), Some people there are learning wsh mod scripting and your work could give us great help I think ~
May I ?
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #2796
do what you like. good luck to anyone trying to pick apart my mess. 

Reply #2798
@blaxima, i did have a go at attempting an allmusic review script. it does not pull the artist bio.

THANKS!! I'll give it a go

I did take a peak at romors script and saw that cache is on by default but if I'm not connected to the net, no review displays. 

as for fetching the artist art, I'll be damned if I can get the elplaylist to get it from the art reader. I've read your pdf and added
D:\apps\foobar\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*
%fb2k_profile_path%\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*

hoping one of those would work but I'm not getting anything.
I added it to the artist and back tab as I wasn't sure if artist was supported in el

the elplaylist code is

$imageabs(xx,yy,ww,hh,%path%\%path%,artreader_artist)
$imageabs(xx,yy,ww,hh,%path%\%path%,artreader_back)

but no dice. I can get it to fetch album art with $albumart(blablahblah) but that's it. What I'm I doing wrong?

cheers, again

Reply #2799
you replace $imageabs with $albumart....

$albumart(x,y,w,h,0,artist)

read the bundle text file for more options. it's tested and working fine here. and you must use an absolute folder path in the foobar artwork preferences. %fb2k_profile_path% is not recognised anywhere outside of the WSH panel mod preprocessor section.

I did take a peak at romors script and saw that cache is on by default but if I'm not connected to the net, no review displays. 

well i don't know why that is. mine most definitely displays cached data when there is no internet.