Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1392363 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #2675
^if the flashing play icon in your playlist took 10% cpu, you wouldn't enable it.

10% is saying nothing, all depends of the cpu power of course

on an atom (1st gen.) it's quite acceptable even for a flashinf icon

Reply #2676
^if the flashing play icon in your playlist took 10% cpu, you wouldn't enable it.

10% is saying nothing, all depends of the cpu power of course

on an atom (1st gen.) it's quite acceptable even for a flashinf icon

CPU usage isn't necessarily the important part, it's the time it takes in the on_paint. It's a small image, so it wouldn't take that long, unless you have a lot of different images below, or around it. Probably 5-10ms tops. If you do it with 8 images the way I wrote it (even if you just load one image, but draw it rotated into 8 different images that you create) it's probably <1ms to draw. All depends on what you want to do.

Reply #2677
I'm trying to combine the 'Now Playing' script with the simple text reader script. Instead of pulling info from Last.FM or Wikipedia to populate the artist info, can I pull that info from a text file instead? Not sure what to change to get that done.

Thanks so much!

Reply #2678
that's nice and easy. find line 33...

Code: [Select]
var p = new panel("Now Playing", ["custom_background", "now_playing", "lastfm_wiki", "remap"]);

replace "lastfm_wiki" with "simple_text" so it becomes...

var p = new panel("Now Playing", ["custom_background", "now_playing", "simple_text", "remap"]);

to configure the text file options, make sure you right click over the text area.

Reply #2679
Hey marc2003, don't hate me but i have another question about one of your script...
I use DUI and i'm looking for a component that display the tags and info of tracks, and i'd like to have one that allows me to follow the selected track, not only the currently playing one.
Your script seems perfect for that aim, but if i create a panel with your script it stay all empty, with only the title of the track at the top.

Reply #2680
if you're using a Selection properties panel then go to file>preferences>display>selection viewers>prefer current selection.

Reply #2681
if you're using a Selection properties panel then go to file>preferences>display>selection viewers>prefer current selection.

It works with the standard playlist viewer but it won't work with the WSH Playlist that i'm currently using. 

Reply #2682
ok, i might knock something up.

Reply #2683
ok, i might knock something up.

Thank you   
I don't know if it's a "bug" or it's just wanted as this form the developer of the wsh playlist...
i don't have a deviantart account otherwise i'd write him about it

Reply #2684
so here's my quick bodge, tested with falstaff's WSH playlist to select items.

it only displays the detail of a single item, regardless of how many you select. scroll with your mouse wheel if there is too much to display.

first save this in your marc2003 folder...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...2003/common7.js

then this is the script that goes in the new panel.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...m%20details.txt

it defaults to prefer the playing track but you can change that via the right click menu.

it's also included inside my full pack of scripts here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip

Reply #2685
wow, i didn't expect it so soon, so fast!
Thank you, it's perfect.

Reply #2686
that's nice and easy. find line 33...

var p = new panel("Now Playing", ["custom_background", "now_playing", "lastfm_wiki", "remap"]);

replace "lastfm_wiki" with "simple_text" so it becomes...

var p = new panel("Now Playing", ["custom_background", "now_playing", "simple_text", "remap"]);

to configure the text file options, make sure you right click over the text area.

Wonderful, thank you so much marc2003

Another question for you regarding the Selection Panel you have just described. Is there a way to easily turn the "Now Playing" script into a script where I can choose whether to track the selected track or currently playing track?

Reply #2687
edit the same line 33 as above, adding "metadb"

var p = new panel("Now Playing", ["custom_background", "now_playing", "simple_text", "remap", "metadb"]);

also you need to delete line 41 which is

p.selection_mode = 1;

now you'll have a menu like most other scripts.

Reply #2688
Marc, is possible to change something in thumbs script, that image names be saved in format %artist%. example: "jennifer lopez_1,, 2..3... and so on.. Then with mp3tag editor, i can use that image to tag mp3 files? I know that this is not intended, but would be good. and for bio text too... can you point me where to edit this. i hope that i'm not bothering you too much.. thanks

Reply #2690
no but if you read this pdf about how to get foobar to display images downloaded by my script, you can use exactly the same folder location when batch attaching images in foobar itself (via the tagging menu)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280132...rtist%20art.pdf

Wow, this is great!  Actually this is what i wanted to do..
I don't have to waste my time for tagging anymore..

I would ask you one more thing.. is it possible to set: 1st image from folder as front, 2nd as back,  3rd as artist, and 4th as disc?
don't need to be exactly in that order.
If some title formatting can do this?

EDIT: Ok, i somehow menaged myself:

front:
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*0.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*1.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*2.*

back:
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*3.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*4.*

artist:
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*5.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*6.*

disc:
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*7.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*8.*
\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%artist%)\*9.*

Each field have a different image then..
Maybe just to improve this...

Reply #2691
seems odd why you want artist art to appear as all these other types. 

Reply #2692
seems odd why you want artist art to appear as all these other types. 

Because if something again happen with last.fm, i will probably embedded this downloaded image in mp3, and use your WSH artreader to cycle them(modified), but maybe i will like to keep them external. I want both options..
For now i use 'thumbs' , and 'last.fm-wikipedia bio' , i'd like to stay that forever, and last.fm continue to work..
But who knows..

Reply #2693
even with no internet, my scripts still display all the bio text and images that have already been saved. in the past, a few people have complained about the fact my scripts save files permanently but i think it's a good thing. people can always delete the files themselves if they want to.

Reply #2694
even with no internet, my scripts still display all the bio text and images that have already been saved. in the past, a few people have complained about the fact my scripts save files permanently but i think it's a good thing. people can always delete the files themselves if they want to.

yes, my problem is that i still don't now if i want to use embedded or an external image, if something happen.. because of that i want to keep both options.
you're right, it's a good thing, one of the reasons why this plugin exist is to save all that useful informations for later use. People can delete files if they can not afford that space on the hard disk. I personally want to keep that information. without this script, i don't now how will i properly enjoy in music..

Reply #2695
i would open foobar after changing default foobar to a them i downloaded to get this message Start Up Error message
after going to the console to see the error i get this Console Message. what would i do to fix this?

Reply #2696
read the instructions that come with the theme you downloaded. i'm guessing they told you to extract some folders/files into your foobar folder but you haven't done this because the scripts can't find them.

Reply #2697
I downloaded all the things that the theme needed like ELPlaylist, Quicksearch, and some others. At this point i'm not sure if it's the theme or WSH

Reply #2699
marc...probably it's something you've already answered but i can't find it in the forum...
Would it be possible to change colour to your themed seekbar? I'm looking for something simple like that but i'd like to have other colours.
Do you know also if somewhere i can find a volume bar that have the same characteristic?