Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make library act as playlist (Read 3346 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make library act as playlist

Hy guys!
Can i make my foobar2000 library UI column to act as a playlist. For example:

To start playback of the file [.mp3] if it's double-clicked.
I my current version [foobar2000 v0.9.6.8 with no plug-ins], the file is put in a separate playlist [Library Viewer Selection], and from there I have to play it.

or

If a file is highlighted, to be next in the playback queue.

I am new at this, and any help is useful

Reply #1

You can turn off the Library Selection Viewer playlist at the bottom of the Preferences->Library page
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
You didn't understand me. I like the library view[the tree view if it's by folder structure...it's all my music in one place] and in my playlist i have the music I listen very often. I asked if I can play a file directly form the library, not from the playlist. Currently, I have to select the file that it's added to a playlist [Library Viewer Selection] and from there I can play it.

I know it's a noob question, but this future I found at winamp, but the sound was terrible, not to mention the memory usage.

Reply #3
Foobar is a playlist based player.

I am having a hard time understanding what functionality you want.

You could try a few of the other options in your preference dialog image.
For example double click - send to - will start play immediately with Start playback when sending///etc. checked as shown in dialog image. You could then work within your library view and right click add to add tunes to be played or set the middle button action.

EDIT: For me, changing the button actions from the default here cause other impacts that bother me...so you could do all the above by just have right clicking be your friend. Right Click send to will start play. Right click ADD TO will, well, add.

terry

Reply #4
You didn't understand me. I like the library view[the tree view if it's by folder structure...it's all my music in one place] and in my playlist i have the music I listen very often. I asked if I can play a file directly form the library, not from the playlist. Currently, I have to select the file that it's added to a playlist [Library Viewer Selection] and from there I can play it.
Ahh.. no.

foobar2000's library is for generating and compiling playlists, not for "playing from". This is considered a feature. There are several threads around the forum about this very topic; you're more than welcome to read them, but fb2k's behavior isn't changing any time soon.

I know it's a noob question, but this future I found at winamp, but the sound was terrible, not to mention the memory usage.
  Please re-read our Terms of Service particularly playing close attention to #8 before making such claims.
elevatorladylevitateme