Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AIFF Files are not working with 1.2.9 (Read 2044 times) previous topic - next topic

AIFF Files are not working with 1.2.9

Hello,

I use Windows 8 64 Bit. I cannot read AIFF Files. Any Idea why?

ITunes is working

Thanks for your help

Josef

Reply #1
if you try and play them via the file>open dialog, do you see any message in the console (found on the view menu)?

Reply #2
This is the message i got:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"E:\John_2te_Portion\Monica Zetterlund (1964) Make Mine Swedish Style\Unknown Album\03 - The More I See You.aif"

the file is ok. it works with itunes

Reply #3
well i know aif files created with itunes work in foobar. are you using a 3rd party tool to create these files? perhaps itunes can handle them ok but foobar can't? if you have a sample shorter than 30 seconds in length, you can upload it for someone to check (hopefully someone on the dev team if they read this topic)

Reply #4
??? what is the difference if you create in itunes or in a third party tool. itunes is working jriver is working so? seems to me there is a problem in foobar

Reply #5
The difference is that a third-party tool might write the file in a slightly different way, causing foobar2000 to stumble when trying to decode it. The goal is to find the exact cause for the error, hence the request for a test file that causes the error.
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #6
AIFF is just a container format, not necessarily carry big endian linear PCM in it.  Support for codecs other than linear PCM will naturally vary with players. Same situation as WAV, AVI or something.
AFAIK, iTunes will play IMA4 in AIFF but fb2k does not.

Reply #7
If you can, please email a sample problematic file to webmaster@foobar2000.org.
Thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.