Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ADP Music files (Read 11628 times) previous topic - next topic

ADP Music files

HELP-!!  I joined this forum because I read someone talking about ADP music files in video games. There are two examples of these that I have come upon: Omikron: Nomad Soul, and Soldier of Fortune.  I have tried everything to convert these into something that you're able to listen to, and failed. I have already purchased David Bowie's CD "Hours", I love the ambient sounds in the games that I can not reach-!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Thanks.

ADP Music files

Reply #1
Hi,

Try Winamp with this plugin.
Or your ADP-files may contain several ADX-files (which you can probably play with Foobaar or Winamp+plugin).
You can read more here, download the tool "ADXtract" described in this thread to get the ADX-files from your ADP.

If you are unlucky (like me, PS2-game "Okami"), those ADX are somehow encrypted - playing such files will sound like noise 

Good Luck.

ADP Music files

Reply #2
Hello Dr.Schanker, I followed your advice but it didn't work. Winamp + in_cube won't play the files, and ADXtract won't find anything inside the files. I tried kode54's foo_adpcm plugin for foobar2000, it supports all of in_cube's formats plus some more. It didn't work either.

Apparently, Omikron's developers created a very exotic variant of ADPCM.

Here is a sample ADP file from the Windows version of the game. Hopefully someone will look into it and write an input plugin:
11.ADP (1.07MB)

ADP Music files

Reply #4
That's it! Finally! Thanks!

ADP Music files

Reply #5
I know this post is over a year old but I was wondering if anybody could help me out.  I've actually done this conversion before (and it worked perfectly) but I seem to have deleted the converted files (or at least I've misplaced them).  I decided to convert them again but I'm finding that I can no longer use that tool (adp2wav.exe) linked to on the Xentax forum above.  I'm able to download the file but I'm getting a virus warning (from avg) every time I try to extract, move or load it.  I'm confident this is the same tool I used before.  Can anybody help me find the programme again in a format that will actually run?

Ok nevermind I've solved it now.  Used another pc and there were no problems (no virus, etc.)

ADP Music files

Reply #6
Im wanting to convert Soldier of Fortune adp files. I asked at xentax forums and hopefully I would get help there.

ADP Music files

Reply #7
HELP-!!  I joined this forum because I read someone talking about ADP music files in video games. There are two examples of these that I have come upon: Omikron: Nomad Soul, and Soldier of Fortune.  I have tried everything to convert these into something that you're able to listen to, and failed. I have already purchased David Bowie's CD "Hours", I love the ambient sounds in the games that I can not reach-!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Thanks.

I have too adp files and in them is writen Android Player ver. 1 © Making Art Studios 2012 visit us at: www.makingartstudios.com ôvv5 I need them cause are extracted from apk setup file.  PLEASE HELP ME ME TOO!