Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559274 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6950
It looks like the combination of VS2015 and Windows 10 caused an obscure Columns UI bug to rear its head. If you were using Columns Playlist (as opposed to NG Playlist or another playlist view), you may have found some panels would sometimes fail to appear.

It should be fixed in 0.3.9.1. Thanks to the person who originally reported the problem.

Columns UI

Reply #6953
can i group by disk numbers  ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrw32csk4st2ozp/2...-29-48.png?dl=0

Unless I'm missing something simply: %album artist% / %album% / %discnumber% in script section (playlist view, grouping)?

and is it possible to remove grey rows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4xj73pujrrnvnu/2...-56-19.png?dl=0

This is FAQ and should be easy enough to find. I remember it was my first modified part years ago :-), I think it should be in Globals - Style somewhere, you need to add or remove a line(?).

Columns UI

Reply #6954
Feature request: would it be possible to implement scrolling playlists by clicking and holding middle mouse button? Argument: useful and DUI has it. Secondary argument: hidden scrollbars in some configs  .

Columns UI

Reply #6955
Feature reequest here too: collapsible groups would be awesome. Thanks anyway.

Columns UI

Reply #6956
It looks like the combination of VS2015 and Windows 10 caused an obscure Columns UI bug to rear its head. If you were using Columns Playlist (as opposed to NG Playlist or another playlist view), you may have found some panels would sometimes fail to appear.

It should be fixed in 0.3.9.1. Thanks to the person who originally reported the problem.
Hi, I just upgraded and the menu toolbar disappeared. Reverting to 0.3.8.8 brings it back.

This is on WinXP SP3, fb2k v1.3.8 and I'm using NG Playlist, in case it makes any difference.

Regards.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6958
I wasn't aware of this (new?) requirement, thanks.

I'll stick to the previous version then.

Alessandro

Columns UI

Reply #6959
Hi, I just upgraded and the menu toolbar disappeared. Reverting to 0.3.8.8 brings it back.

same problem here, although i run foobar under wine. assigning other windows versions to fb does not make any difference.

Columns UI

Reply #6960
I had thought it wouldn't load under XP but indeed after firing up a VM it does load and is horribly broken.

I'll have a look at restoring support especially if Wine is broken too.

Columns UI

Reply #6961
Well, the XP problem is certainly interesting.

The good news is that it's nothing I did intentionally.

The bad news is that there's something funny going on. Visual C++ 2008, 2010 and 2013 builds all work OK. VC2015, under the XP setting, does not (including debug builds, and also the recent Update 1 CTP). I traced it to the implementation of container_window::get_class_data in the affected panels and other windows. It uses a static variable declared within the method, which does not appeared to be initialised correctly on XP (only zero-filled). I checked Vista SP2 as well, and it's fine there. I can only guess there are different code paths in the CRT or something similar.

As yet, I haven't managed to put together some isolated code that demonstrates the problem, so I won't completely rule out me doing something wrong... It should be easy enough to fix by changing the code, but I'd like to try and isolate it first.

Columns UI

Reply #6963
You mentioned thread_safe_statics.cpp in your post there. Interesting that it is also mentioned in:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=482784
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/...tic-that-throws

The latter page has this reply (written@30.07.2015): "This issue has been fixed and the fix will be available in an update to Visual Studio 2015."

Columns UI

Reply #6964
I hadn't seen those, thanks. They sound sufficiently different to not be the same exact problem. On the other hand, I don't know what the underlying cause is. Maybe the problem happens under some particular set of circumstances and is nothing to do with Windows XP.

Using __declspec(thread) does stop it from happening, as you might expect.

Columns UI

Reply #6965
The playlist switcher panel,added a context menu (New Autoplaylist)?

Columns UI

Reply #6967
musicmusic, thank you for your great plugin!
Are you planning to use the latest foobar2000 SDK (2015-08-03)?

Columns UI

Reply #6968
It does need doing. I was planning on releasing the iPod manager source code next, but I need to self-audit it first.

Is there a particular newer API you would like to see used? Making Columns UI compile with the latest SDK won't necessarily make it use newer APIs; that will probably need a bit of work on top. The first thing that needs doing is a diff of the version of the SDK Columns UI is using with the original 0.9.5 SDK to see what I've changed. On that note, it would be nice if the foobar2000 SDK was on GitHub or a similar service. I know I've fixed at least one minor bug in it.

Columns UI

Reply #6969
Is there a particular newer API you would like to see used?

Actually, not. I'm not an expert in the foobar2000 plugin development, so I don't have any particular thoughts about what can be used there and what benefit it can give. I just tried to compile your Columns UI with that SDK and found out it can't be done. It definitely requires some knowledge  of that stuff to make necessary changes, so I couldn't do it on my own.

I know I've fixed at least one minor bug in it.

So, if your Columns UI used the latest SDK we all would have that bug fixed, because that fixed SDK would be published alongside Columns UI.

Columns UI

Reply #6970
the biggest issue i found when trying (and failing!) to compile columns UI was the complete removal of album_art_data_impl from the current SDK.

also, newer versions of the SDK have a class named volume_control which conflict with something already present in columns.

edit: just to be clear, i only attempted to compile it. i have zero skills and don't have anything to contribute..   

Columns UI

Reply #6972
@musicmusic
I made a minor mod to your source to bypass the popup dialog "Select settings to import" to import a fcl layout with the cmdline option (foobar2000 /columnsui:<command>).

Combined with wsh panel mod, I am able to switch layouts in the same installation without the annoying popup dialog.
Video @ video

If interested I have forked it on github with the changes.
https://github.com/smoralis/columns_ui/comm...cc9f8a8d728605c

Columns UI

Reply #6973
That's most interesting. I don't think the command-line commands ever got much attention since the file associations had to be set up manually.

To go in the main code base I think a separate command (/columnsui:import-quiet or something) would make more sense and also adding another parameter to g_import_layout to control the behaviour rather than duplicating the function. If you made those changes it could be merged in