Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Google Custom Search (Read 8927 times) previous topic - next topic

Google Custom Search

It seems that Google Custom Search (at the top right corner) now works very poorly, I often get no results at all (or only 1 result). What happened?

Google Custom Search

Reply #1
It seems that Google Custom Search (at the top right corner) now works very poorly, I often get no results at all (or only 1 result). What happened?

It is still searching hydrogenaudio.org, hasn't been updated for the new domain.
In the meantime try adding:

"site:hydrogenaud.io" into a google query to only search this site.

Example

Google Custom Search

Reply #2
On a side note, am I the only one who cannot search a user's posts?  If I click on the left side of a post on a user name, select "Find Members Posts", I get:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 4 seconds before trying again.

Google Custom Search

Reply #3
It's working for me saratoga

Google Custom Search

Reply #4
Not working here either, it keeps giving me "No Results".

Google Custom Search

Reply #5
Same here. What's the point of this search box?

Google Custom Search

Reply #6
1/ You are really using the wrong search function. If you look below the google box there is another search option. It is on the line between FAQ and Members. This will work without any problems.

2/ If you have a browser app that blocks trackers, it will block the Google search API brcause it tracks your movements. I use Ghostery which does this. It can be disabled.
Glass half full!

Google Custom Search

Reply #7
Still, someone must have the ability to update the site. Whoever that is, they should reconfigure the Google search box so it works on the new domain.

Google Custom Search

Reply #8
1/ You are really using the wrong search function. If you look below the google box there is another search option. It is on the line between FAQ and Members. This will work without any problems.

2/ If you have a browser app that blocks trackers, it will block the Google search API brcause it tracks your movements. I use Ghostery which does this. It can be disabled.

Yes, I block shit and it doesn't block non shit.

Using Search (not input box in up right corner although why not?) but Search from the menu I get still nothing, compared to searching google with site:hydrogenaud.io
It shouldn't be like this, but I guess someone can make it that this behavior is as supposed to be.

Yeah, cheers

Google Custom Search

Reply #9
Fixed and verified working once again. Thanks, Garf.

I forgot to post about this a few days ago, when the correct search was configured and the template was edited to reflect the change, as the search was completely broken at the time, returning 50x errors from Google. I guess new searches take a while to propagate throughout their network.