Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DEDICATED AUDIO CD BURNER (Read 3491 times) previous topic - next topic

DEDICATED AUDIO CD BURNER

Hi everyone,

i came to know that there are dedicated Audio CD BURNERS Exclusively.Unlike the stock CD Burner Drive that came with your computer,these are more advanced and dedicated and Specifically for burning audio CDs

can someone help me few of the makers of such CD BURNERS

thank you

Reply #1
i came to know that there are dedicated Audio CD BURNERS Exclusively.Unlike the stock CD Burner Drive that came with your computer,these are more advanced and dedicated and Specifically for burning audio CDs
Really?  CDs were originally designed for audio, so I don't know what would be different with an "audio CD burner".  There are stand-alone CD recorders that have analog inputs.  Is that what you're talking about?

Or, did you read some nonsense on an "audiophool" website?    There are a lot of nonsense super-expensive CD players.

It's all digital data, and any burner that can reliably burn data files with no errors can reliably burn audio CDs.  There was a time when some burners were more reliable than others, and I'm sure that's still true to some extent, but CD/DVD burners have pretty much become commodity items and they all pretty-much "just work" with no fuss (and no errors).

When I have burning problems, it's usually related to a bad blank disc rather than the drive.    I had a spindle of DVDs where about half of them were turning-out bad...  Once I figured-out what the problem was, the remaining discs went into the trash.

There were some tests indicating that burning at less than maximum speed resulted in better (more reliable) discs, but that was several years ago and it may no longer be true. 

Some drives are better (more reliable)  for ripping than others.  There is come good information here.

Reply #2
The audio CD format is pretty standard and very easy to work with.  There is no need for a dedicated burner.

I would think a disc format that can't easily made by the consumer may require a dedicated burner and those are usually under strict control.  Something like a modern game system would be such an example (good luck with that unless you have publishing deal with the console maker in question).

Stop reading nonsense.

Use a good reliable drive.  The one your desktop / laptop came with is often good enough.  Most of them get the job done reliably enough and you only need to switch to a better one if the one you have was crap to begin with.  You would know quickly as you get a lot of duds with every single disc you burned.
Keep the blanks clean and free of damage.
Use good blank media that is typically reliable from a reputable brand.
Keep blank media out of sources of ultraviolet light as you will damage the dyes.
Protect blank media from temperature extremes and humidity extremes.  Room temperature is always ideal.

I can't imagine a dedicated burner even being useful unless you own a disc pressing plant, where you're producing a master to be used for the production of thousands or millions of CDs.  Which is extremely unlikely.

Reply #3
The audio CD format is pretty standard and very easy to work with.  There is no need for a dedicated burner.

I would think a disc format that can't easily made by the consumer may require a dedicated burner and those are usually under strict control.  Something like a modern game system would be such an example (good luck with that unless you have publishing deal with the console maker in question).

Stop reading nonsense.

Use a good reliable drive.  The one your desktop / laptop came with is often good enough.  Most of them get the job done reliably enough and you only need to switch to a better one if the one you have was crap to begin with.  You would know quickly as you get a lot of duds with every single disc you burned.
Keep the blanks clean and free of damage.
Use good blank media that is typically reliable from a reputable brand.
Keep blank media out of sources of ultraviolet light as you will damage the dyes.
Protect blank media from temperature extremes and humidity extremes.  Room temperature is always ideal.

I can't imagine a dedicated burner even being useful unless you own a disc pressing plant, where you're producing a master to be used for the production of thousands or millions of CDs.  Which is extremely unlikely.

Sooper thanks brother.. U r post made me  more confidence.

Reply #4
Hi everyone,

I came to know that there are dedicated Audio CD BURNERS Exclusively. Unlike the stock CD Burner Drive that came with your computer,these are more advanced and dedicated and Specifically for burning audio CDs

Someone is feeding you trash.

I have logged 100s of hours using professional grade audio CD burners in an live performance recording application where they make sense due to a need for immediate delivery. Sound quality has nothing to do with it.

Dedicated Audio CD burners often have repackaged PC-type CD burners inside.