Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC direct cut/joiner? (Read 11161 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Is it so difficult to make such a program? I try to edit the mpc, and it's not that difficult I think. 4th byte is the stream version, 5th byte is the start address of the number of the frames. I try to join mpc and it works. Just change the number of the frame by the addition of joined files.

Any one can make a program that capable to do that job? Becoz I don't know much about programming.

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #1
I am interesed in a pogram that do same work, too. I am looking for some program like mp3trim but for mpc. Does exist something like that? or it's imposible with mpc?
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #2
I am interesed in a pogram that do same work, too. I am looking for some program like mp3trim but for mpc. Does exist something like that? or it's imposible with mpc?

Cutting is possible at n*1152 samples.
For merging it is possible that all files which are merged have a length of n*1152 samples. This is not necessary for the last file.
--  Frank Klemm

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #3
Then, why there is no such a program? Is there someone interested in making the program?

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #4
Hi

I am definitly interested if there are programmers, who could do a job for mpc like mp3 cut AND mpgjoiner does for MP3 !!!
I am professionelly doing a vast amount of digitalizing  analog recordings, which i store in mpc (highest quality) files. I´m desperatly looking for developers, who can provide me a tool, which can cut AND rejoin mpc files !! So if you know how or if you are interested -pleazzzzzzeeeeee give send me a note !!!

greetings

grimsby

**** If you don´t know how to listen you´ll never see the world ****

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #5
So...
I can write this program... I try to split mpc file. First part of file is playing, but mpcscan program says what file is broken. The second and other parts is not playing!
I can't find mpc file format description  If I find it, then I can try to write program.
Do you know where I can find mpc file description?
mp3 must die!

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #6
Must not be anything new on this. I'm looking to join 2 mpc's losslessly. FileMerger doesn't work of course ... just appends one onto the other without removal of headers/footers at the merge point (thus no frame alignment). Both files are Stream Version 7.0 encoded at BrainDead level. Have Audition and the mpc DirectShow filter, but doing it that way would likely force a re-encode (haven't tried it). Any other ideas?
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #7
Outside re-editon and re-encoding... I don't think there is a way? The wikipedia says that cut/edit operation will be solved in next version SV8.

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #8
Outside re-editon and re-encoding... I don't think there is a way? The wikipedia says that cut/edit operation will be solved in next version SV8.

SV8 is already available, so we should maybe request this feature from the current Musepack dev team at the site forum?

MPC direct cut/joiner?

Reply #9
mpccut - Musepack (MPC) stream cutter v0.9.0 © 2007 MDT
Usage: mpccut [-s start_sample] [-e end_sample] <infile.mpc> <outfile.mpc>

http://svn.musepack.net/libmpc/trunk/ for the latest sources,
http://files.musepack.net/windows/Musepack...-2007-09-23.zip for (kind of old) Win32 binaries.
Everything can be compiled with MingW, so getting recent binaries should be relatively trivial.

Edit: More recent binaries here: http://r2d.musepack.net/files/