Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AudioTag.Info - Music Recognition Robot (Read 34512 times) previous topic - next topic

AudioTag.Info - Music Recognition Robot

Reply #25
What engine is used for this project to recognize and search the database ? How many songs are recognized yet ?

You could add a flash button, where someoe could record a sample with the build in mic available in the machine used.

Good examples for already finished tools are: on Android G1 phone: Shazam and the non plus ultra app for iPhone is called midomi

The story about audio recognizing applications goes back to 2002 found by Frauenhofer Institut: http://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/EN/bf/amm/index.jsp

Reply #26
CeKay,

the engine is proprietary.
Songs database size and number of recognized queries are available at the very bottom line of the main screen (stats).
... and I'm well aware about the story of audio recognition and the existing technologies  All I can say is that all existing today free services (Music Brainz, Tunatic) are
1) not available online
2) provide worse recognition robustness

Reply #27
Last DB update: added 39151 tracks, 3141 albums

Reply #28
Last DB update: May 29th, 2009, added 15260 tracks, 1165 albums
Total DB size: 1122365 tracks, 80498 albums;

Reply #29
New feature:
Now you can recognize audio directly from YouTube videos by specifying their URLs.

Reply #30
Website hangs, when trying to identify youtube song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEuLpjoeOU...ec-HM-fresh+div

I couldn't get to step 2, it was hanging once i hit proceed on step 1.

My hardware and software: Mac os x 10.5.8 intel core 2 duo. Running Safari 4.0.2

Software all up to date.

Opps while typing this it did finally show me step 2. I didn't see a progress bar so i assumed this was hanging the site.

And it did identify the track!! Thanks so much!

Reply #31
Soulster,

probably you have some problem with Flash uploader...

Anyway, I'm glad you found the service helpful.

Reply #32
A quick update: the songs database is now larger than 1.25m tracks.

Reply #33
WOW this is amazing! maybe you should write an article about its features for Engadget, Cnet etc!
HydrogenAudio is really a VERY unknown forum for almost 100% of the people who will find this useful. There are mostly (audio)geeks around here.
Your AudioTag.info NEEDS more publicity... but I doubt you will get it via this topic!

Reply #34
Thanks for your positive feedback.
Well, though I think that AudioTag needs more publicity too, I don't want to create "artificial noise" around it.
And of course I can't post anything on Engadget etc. myself, while pointing them on AudioTag would be treated as advertisement or at least impolite...
So it seems they should somehow find this service themselves...
But thanks again for your kind words.

Reply #35
A quick announcement:
OSMM (OrlSoft Music Manager) now comes with official native AudioTag.info support. It means that from now on you can recognize music directly in OSMM. And no captcha, of course!

Direct download link

Reply #36
aradzish dear,

I started using OSMM. The first impression was very good, thanks
for suggestion. But I missed being able to contribute to the database
Could there be a AudioTag.Info of service so we can at least suggest
some songs for inclusion. It is now my suggestion, moreover congratulations!

Reply #37
Dear josekleber,

thanks for your positive feedback.
Please take into account that OSMM is a 3rd party tool that is not directly related to AudioTag.
As to community/users contribution - we're thinking about this feature but it is not really planned right now.
I hope we will make it available in the future.

Regards.