Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with Cue files (Read 2011 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with Cue files

Hello all. New to this forum, and relatively new to the world of lossless compression. I borrowed a couple of CDs from a friend to encode, and I need to give them back, but I can't seem to get the .cue files right. I am using EAC beta 3, and have been using the settings required by [TOS #9 VIOLATION] for FLAC files submitted to their site. The log looks good, no errors and the hashes match. The individual tracks load and play fine, but when I try to load the .cue files, they do not populate the cue in foobar like the other .cue's that I have from a friend of mine. It appears I am doing something wrong, but I have tried repeatedly in vain to figure out what. Any help is much appreciated.

Help with Cue files

Reply #1
If you rename files and/of folders you should update the path in the cue file as well. Also if you rip in WAV and convert to FLAC later you should update the file type in the cue file. You can use notepad or some such program to edit and view the cue file.

Help with Cue files

Reply #2
Not to be contrary, but I was pretty careful not to do that. And again, it's just the cue files that don't work. The tracks all checked/tested/verified correctly, with perfectly matching hashes, and play individually in foobar. I didn't rename any files or move anything around.

I have done this before and I don't remember doing anything different, but I never had any problems before... I suppose I could check the individual track file names, and look at the .cue and compare them to see if they match, right?

MODERATION: Removed another TOS #9 violation.  You are this close to getting banned: ->||<-
/Topic closed