Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873523 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #550
Does any1 is willing 2 answer my question 'bout Editing lyrics...., if lyrics r not available throughout plugin interface,i.e if I right click on the lyric panel, 'Edit lyrics' r unavailable..so..how to manualy input lyrics in editor..?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #551
The lyric editor is currently only available if the plug-in finds a lyric, so that there is something to edit. If you find a lyric elsewhere and want to use the lyric editor then save it as .lrc or .txt file that contains the artist and title name or manually add it to the file tag so that it is available when the track is played. If you want to create a lyric from scratch with the lyric editor, then you would first need to save something as above even if it's a near empty file\tag. May be this behaviour can be improved in due course.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #552
Is there anyway that I can increase the lyrics font size? It's too small...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #554
Following on from above, if you're using your UI's colour and font settings then you may want to change those respective settings. For DUI you can choose which of the standard fonts is used by the lyrics panel (in panel preferences). In CUI you can use it's more sophisticated colour and font system to choose whatever you want.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #555
Right Click  the panel.
Panel Preferences.
Colors and Fonts
Choose: Custom
Click Font

Following on from above, if you're using your UI's colour and font settings then you may want to change those respective settings. For DUI you can choose which of the standard fonts is used by the lyrics panel (in panel preferences). In CUI you can use it's more sophisticated colour and font system to choose whatever you want.

Thanks!!!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #556
The lyric editor is currently only available if the plug-in finds a lyric, so that there is something to edit. If you find a lyric elsewhere and want to use the lyric editor then save it as .lrc or .txt file that contains the artist and title name or manually add it to the file tag so that it is available when the track is played. If you want to create a lyric from scratch with the lyric editor, then you would first need to save something as above even if it's a near empty file\tag. May be this behaviour can be improved in due course.

Thats what I meant 
Its in convenient.

What r the odds, in the next plugin version, to be able to add lyrics from a buffer..only by copy/paste method..i.e. if lyrics r not available through plugin (search) method, than I can simply add lyrics ,that Ive found on the Net, by simply right click on the lyrics panel, (curently played track), and simply put lyrics in the editor by copy/paste.
Thats the whole thing.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #557
Yes, this has been a known issue for some time. I understand that the plan is to improve the lyric editor, something on the lines in your post, and hopefully in the next release.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #558
@The vern : I don't know if it's a bug or intended but I report it nevertheless :
It's happening with the band called "GroupLove" (but it might be happening with other groups with two uppercases in their names, I didn't test), when I'm searching for the lyrics with the artist tagged as "GroupLove" nothing is found but when the artist tagged as "Grouplove", it manage to find and download lyrics (on lyrics.wikia.com).

Is this case sensitive issue that I'm facing off intended or is it a bug?

Thanks for your hard work on this plugin btw.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #559
Won't find or display lyrics for Neil Young - Unknown Legend even though lyrics wikia has the lyrics.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #560
@Donabi
I can confirm the behaviour you describe when lyrics wikia is searched but not when a number of other sites are searched. So I am guessing its something to do with how certain sites handle the search parameters that are sent

@StealthX
I do not know why you cannot find the lyrics for Neil Young - Unknown Legend at lyrics wikia but I have absolutely no problem in finding them at that site (in fact I found these lyrics with foo_uie_lyrics3 at four sites in total)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #561
@Donabi:
The wikilyrics database is case sensitive (it just depends on the names it was given when it was uploaded - there's nothing I can do about this).

@StealthX:
I have no problem finding them either - have you got your timeout times long enough?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #562
What should I have my timeout times set at. It had no problem finding lyrics to any other Neil Young song (except Neil Young & Crazy Horse but thats just because the plugin can't search lyric wikia for &) and it found them all in under 1 second. Also when right clicking and going to 'Lyric search' it just hangs on 'searching lyrics' forever.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #563
@The vern
Great plugins, works well on searching Japanese titled lyrics, but can I have a request on adding Korean music lyric database? It's be great if it's there.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #564
@StealthX:
I usually have my timeouts at about 3 seconds (3000 milliseconds), but it depends on your internet speed.

it just hangs on 'searching lyrics' forever
If the search is taking too long, try removing some of the sources.

@kennethkee93:
If you can suggest one then yes! (I don't know of any)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #565
@StealthX:
Further investigation of your problem has shown it to be due to the search filter preventing searches with titles beginning with 'Unknown'. The reason this wasn't found initially is because the filter uses the currently playing track (I tested it by typing into the search box). This is also responsible for the hanging in the lyric search box. This will be fixed in the next release. My thanks to WilB for his investigations.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #566
Thanks The vern. I was wondering how no one else was having the same problem as me and thought it might have something to do with the title beginning with 'Unknown', but that was the only song I ever experienced a problem with so it was not that big of a deal to me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #567
@StealthX:
Further investigation of your problem has shown it to be due to the search filter preventing searches with titles beginning with 'Unknown'. The reason this wasn't found initially is because the filter uses the currently playing track (I tested it by typing into the search box). This is also responsible for the hanging in the lyric search box. This will be fixed in the next release. My thanks to WilB for his investigations.

Any way you can make for lyrics.wikia.com instead of searching '&' as 'and' you can make it search '&' as %26? It seems lyrics.wikia.com in their URL's they turn & into %26

http://lyrics.wikia.com/index.php?action=e...ite%20Elephants

http://lyrics.wikia.com/index.php?action=e...rse:Sail%20Away

Neither one of these is found when using the plugin though from lyrics.wikia

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #569
Any news about lyrics with timestamp?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #570
Dear The vern : thanks for this version, i waiting for a lyric component long long time.

ps : oh lol my bad, save folder and search folder not the same....
never mind, it's a good component 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #571

There is nothing new about that.
The "Timestamped database 1" site is still "under construction" and is down most of the time.
We should just wait...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #572
Hey there, love the plugin!!!

Sadly the automatic save option doesn't work for me. Anything I can do about it?

And I have a feature request: I'd love to have all my lyrics show up in iTunes and therefore on my iPod touch. To accomplish that I need to have the option to store lyrics in different tags for different codecs ("UNSYNCHED LYRICS" for mp3, "LYRICS" for aac).

I can do this manually, but still would be nice to have an option like that...

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #573
Sadly the automatic save option doesn't work for me. Anything I can do about it?
It's difficult for me to help you without more information about your settings. Can you provide some?

Currently you can't change the tag that you save to with different codecs. The simplest way for me to allow this would be to enable titleformatting for those fields (which keeps the UI simple and is really easy for me to do ).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #574

Perhaps there are good news.
The "under construction" sign has been removed from the "Timestamped 1" site.
But currently it takes about 40-110secs to connect to a server.