Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS to Dolby Digital (Read 5490 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS to Dolby Digital

First, I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum but I didn't know where to post this.

Is it possible to convert DTS files (DTS multi-channel encoded WAV files) to a format that can be burned to a CD/DVD, and then played back on a DVD player that has a Dolby Digital multi-channel decoder (but not DTS)?

Also, is there any basic information that I don't understand about this that has possibly lead me to ask this question?

Thanks

DTS to Dolby Digital

Reply #1
I guess it is possible but only via transcoding (you'll lose quality - both formats are lossy). I don't know the tools though (I know that fb2k can decode DTS...), perhaps others will tell you.

DTS to Dolby Digital

Reply #2
Use WAV2DTS to change DTS-WAV into DTS, then load it into GraphEdit and render it with either AC3, iviaudio.ax or cyberlink`s decoder to get a decoded wav. (But if the wav is 6-ch beyond  2 hs, the WAV size restrictions will terminate the decoding. If so, u`ll need to create a slitghly more complex graph).
Load the DTS: DTSAC3source ---> AC3filter (5.1ch, 16bits, Master Gain = 4, No Normalize nor AutoNormalize, every speaker must show 0 (zero) as reference multiplier) --> WavDest --> File Writer (as i.e. whatever-DTS-decoded.wav).
Then, resample to 48000 kHz and reencode with BeSweet or other DD encoders as 5.1ch 448 kbps.
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."