Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: plugin to read E-AC3 ? (Read 8496 times) previous topic - next topic

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

hello, I would like to know if it's possible to get a plugin to read E-AC3 format (codec name is A/52 B Audio, E-AC3 or eac3).
It's the only format I found to encode my bluray audio in LCPM 2.0 with exactly the same infos about encoding.
48Khz/16 bits with a 1536kbps framerate.
the sound is really nice on high end sound system, the .wav or any other lossless format are not that good.
I tried to convert the E-AC3 format with Flac but i can't get the equal encoding infos and sound quality.
the LPCM is clearer than .wav format or other audio lossless formats.
as I know that LCPM stereo is coming with m2ts file, there's no reason to have a plugin to read m2TS for an audio player,
but as I used .mka with E-AC3 to get an audio file with the same quality that we got with bluray and LCPM stereo,
I wish foobar will be able to read the E-AC3 codec.
I ripped my Joe Satriani BD to just get  the audio files on my PC with this great sound but I have to use VLC to read those .mka E-AC3 and
I hate this player. I want an audio player only, like Foobar, and I use it for a very long time as there's no other audio player with the options I need like asio plugin, KS and wasapi.
I found nothing like that for VLC. anyway i dont want a video/audio thing to be my audio player, it's not negociable.

thanks. and happy new year to the forum members.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #1

No.

If you want to play e-ac3 in foobar you can use Command-Line Decoder Wrapper + ffmpeg

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #2
It's the only format I found to encode my bluray audio in LCPM 2.0 with exactly the same infos about encoding.

AFAIK DD+ is not a lossless format.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #3
the sound is really nice on high end sound system, the .wav or any other lossless format are not that good.
I tried to convert the E-AC3 format with Flac but i can't get the equal encoding infos and sound quality.
Please read #8 of Hydrogenaudio’s Terms of Service and reconsider your unfounded claims about the relative sound quality of lossless formats, claims that have precisely no basis in reality.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #4
thanks Rollin for the advice, I will try, I hope i'll understand how to do that.
LCPM 2.0 is better for me than PCM. I don't talk about others format multi-channels they put on Bluray.
I listen to stereo only, and as LCPM has a higher bitrate than PCM, thats probably the reason why I hear a sound with a better definition and a clean message in the high frequencies.
I'm sorry about my mistake that LCPM 2.0 is the best lossless format, I forgot SACD...

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #5
You should definitely read TOS #8.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #6
You can also convert E-AC3 to FLAC with eac3to.exe plus Nero7 with blu-ray plugin.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #7
yes, I'm sorry,
I read it , so my sensations in term of hearing mean nothing at all as it's subjective.
Yes I agree with the subjective part, I cannot tell that this thing is better than this one as there are so many parameters that are different between all people.
first-of, the way we hear the sound from the same source, no one hear the same thing, that's impossible just because there are as different perception than people in the world.

plugin to read E-AC3 ?

Reply #8
that's not a big problem actually as I got a ridiculous collection of bluray that are live concerts.
But the sound of the bluray was so good in 2.0 that I had to investigate.
then i have to keep what I'm sure of for me as it's based on nothing serious.

are jokes accepted ? 

no that's enough for me, I don't want to annoy people with subjective hearing.