Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Virtual VNC control plugin (Read 2484 times) previous topic - next topic

Virtual VNC control plugin

VNC is great, but is too much overhead for simply controlling foobar2000 with.  If there was a plugin that would act as a VNC server, but instead of showing the screen, show a small version of the controls and playlist, this would be prefect.  It would allow easy adaptation to ANYTHING that can talk to the host computer over TCP/IP.  I was hoping to find a plugin like this so I could control foobar with my Palm over a TCP/IP connection, but found that, while WinHand and VNC worked, they were not the right size or too cumbersome to control my car MP3 system with.  Is there a version of what I described above for foobar somewhere?

Reply #1
Npt entirely sure if its of use to you, but I use Ultra-VNC as it allows me to 'zoom' onto a single window io.e. just foobar which increases the performance of VNC dramatically.

But I don't think it will work on your palm  http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Reply #2
I use that too, but its still too slow and hard to use on a palm.  I need something that will let me control it easily while I am busy driving.  Something like the interface of BtAmp, but less glitchy.

Reply #3
Think of it this way.  We need a virtual screen, 320x320 resolution, that shows a skin appropriate for this use, and controls foobar2000.

Reply #4
X forwarding...

Reply #5
not in windows.  Even if I could, it still leaves us with a bulky interface inappropriate for use on a palm handheld.  High-res devices will allow you see see clearer, but remember that your fingers are still the same size, so it's a moot point.