Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error while encoding MP3 using LAME 3.97b2 (Read 4261 times) previous topic - next topic

Error while encoding MP3 using LAME 3.97b2

Anytime I try to use LAME 3.97b2 to encode a WAV file, I get this error:

Command: C:\Programs\RazorLame\lame3.97b2\lame.exe --preset fast standard "D:\Our Lady Peace - Clumsy - 01 - Superman's Dead.wav" "D:\Our Lady Peace - Clumsy - 01 - Superman's Dead.mp3"
LAME 3.97 (beta 2, Nov 29 2005) 32bits (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
CPU features: MMX (ASM used), SSE (ASM used)
Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 18671 Hz - 19205 Hz
Encoding D:\Our Lady Peace - Clumsy - 01 - Superman's Dead.wav
      to D:\Our Lady Peace - Clumsy - 01 - Superman's Dead.mp3
Encoding as 44.1 kHz VBR(q=2) j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (ca. 7.3x) qval=3
RazorLame encountered an unknown message from LAME while trying to encode "D:\Our Lady Peace - Clumsy - 01 - Superman's Dead.wav"!

Encoded 0 files in 0:00:45
There was an unexpected LAME message for one file, please check log for error messages.

I use "--preset fast standard" to encode

What's wrong?

Reply #2
Maybe, just maybe, the Wiki on LAME should be added something like 'newer versions of LAME isn't compatible w/ old frontends such as RazorLame'...?
Or probably add it somewhere on the 'recommended setting' thread...

Seems most problem w/ LAME encoding stems from the use of RazorLame lately...

Reply #3
Use All2Lame.

Regards,
Madrigal

Reply #4
Use the search function - this has been asked at least 5 times in the last 30days.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #5
Use the search function - this has been asked at least 5 times in the last 30days.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349363"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but which one from those posts whose poster is a frequent visitor to the site?
Most of them just login and fire away.

Reply #6
Use the search function - this has been asked at least 5 times in the last 30days.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349363"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, but which one from those posts whose poster is a frequent visitor to the site?
Most of them just login and fire away.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349384"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And are unnecessary time-sinks. The time spent with such unnecessary support-requests could better be spent on real needs.

edit: Maybe the idea of fighting spammers with a register-delay instead of banning of free mail-services, isn't that bad at all - it would also possibly cause new people to look around a bit before posting.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.