Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tone generator? How to? (Read 4686 times) previous topic - next topic

Tone generator? How to?

I tried the search to find me a post about how to use the tone generator, but I found nothing.

In the past I didn't really care about the factual non-existence of fb2k documentation, but now I demand some clarification.

I need to create a few playlist entries which would indicate an album change: somthing like silence 4sec, short tone, silence 4sec again.

Seems like everybody knows how to use this fb2k tone generator except me.

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #1
but now I demand some clarification.

Nice. You demand people spend time on you.
Makes you really want to help.

prefs --> playback --> input --> std inputs --> read the guide.

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #2
Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere before. But it was hidden in the preferences. How about some docs instead?

edit: nevermind, I know writing docs is dull.

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #4
I never had any problem finding out how to use the tone generator. Then again, I have a little bit of the hacker spirit of exploring my software.

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #5
playlist-> add location

tone://Hz,Seconds
地獄

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #7
Ok, thanks so far.

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #8
Sorry to be stupid - but what would this be used for?

Steve

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #9
All sorts of things:

silence - if you need a pause in your playlist (like me) to audibly seperate albums

sweep, tone - test your speakers among similar things and also as an audio notification

Tone generator? How to?

Reply #10
I use tones to set safe listening levels for myself (it's arbitrary, but 440@0dB, turn it down until it's no longer uncomfortable), as well as equalization. Silence can also be used to put a gap between two albums or songs on your playlist, if you're listening in order.

Recently, putting together a mix CD using the continuator plugin to make smooth transitions, I noticed the last couple seconds of the last track were cut off. So I put silence after it, exported the tracks, loaded the track that was cut off and the exported "silence" track with the remainder of the cut-off track at the beginning, and exported them both as one file. Tada.