Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 223085 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #175
Now it works again after i installed the redistributable package.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #176
This is the error I'm getting:
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_quicksearch.dll
Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

VC components installed, Windows 7 x64, FB2K 1.16b5

foo_quicksearch

Reply #177
Try download it again, could be corrupted.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_quicksearch

Reply #179
Try download it again, could be corrupted.

Unfortunately makes no difference. Removed and reinstalled component and continues to fail to load. No problems with any other components.

And you've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)?

Remember it's what the program uses that's req.
foobar2000 isn't a 64-bit program so installing the VC++ x64 runtime won't help much.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #180
And you've installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)?

Remember it's what the program uses that's req.
foobar2000 isn't a 64-bit program so installing the VC++ x64 runtime won't help much.

Yes it's installed.

However, I just tried this in a virtual machine and it installed and works perfectly. Strange! Guess I'll have to do some work with my install of FB2K.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #181
Try empty cache and download it again, maybe try another browser as well.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #182
A new version is available.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #183

again:
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

v2.3 works fine, so I will stay with it.

/jszania

foo_quicksearch

Reply #186

again:
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

v2.3 works fine, so I will stay with it.

/jszania

Same to me here after a general update from the components menu:
running foobar 1.1.7 beta 1 / WXPSP3
however lost the older dll

is it somewhere available for download???

foo_quicksearch

Reply #187
And you've installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, as instructed in the first post?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #188
nope, i did not, but i did it now and it solved the loading problem.

thx

foo_quicksearch

Reply #189
I will switch to static link in the next version, which should avoid this problem.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #190
A new version is available, with some bugfixing and a new feature. The toolbar now acts as an autoplaylist client for easier modification of search parameters of autoplaylists generated with quicksearch.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #191
Thanks for your excellent component!

Do you think it is possible to implement a similar function of editing query of your autoplaylist client for regular search ?

Sometimes all I want to do is to redo a query with only a small change in the parameters (for exemple %date% HAS 2003 AND %rating% IS 5 AND %play_count% GREATER 10 instead of  %date% HAS 2003 AND %rating% IS 5 AND %play_count% GREATER 15) and it's a pain in the a** to type the query all over again
(and for aesthetic reasons  I prefer to reset the string when the query is succesfull)

Thanks in advance
Decalicatan Decalicatan

foo_quicksearch

Reply #192
Autoplaylist clients are made for that. If you generate one autoplaylist (using for instance Ctr+Shift+Enter with your query) you will later able to edit the query thanks to "Autoplaylist (Quicksearch)" entry in the playlist manager context menu. Note that there is also a dedicated keyboard shortcut to recall your last query and make an autoplaylist out of it.

Edit: Double post. Please remove the 1rst one.[/size]

foo_quicksearch

Reply #193
Thanks for the tips about the shortcut to recall your last query as an autoplaylist, I wasn't aware of that.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

foo_quicksearch

Reply #194
A new version is available, with some bugfixing and a new feature. The toolbar now has a dynamic icon status that reflects the selected parameters.
Also included is a complete rework of autosearch (as you type ...) from within a playlist with the toolbar now acting as a filter to the current playlist.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #195
Thanks for newest version!

Good idea with dynamic icon status!

Also a good idea to avoid now the combination of autosearch and new playlist in the results. In that context let me give you a pedantic hint: the search, tags and match menu as well as the result entries in main menu are using the check sign for indicating. Following the windows standard that implies that multiple entries are chooseable that is not the case: one entry excludes the others - in that case a bullet sign is used instead.

Edit:
Is it technically possible to use the dynamic status icons in history menu for visual indication of source? Would be nicer than it is now!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #196
Can you make the dynamic icon optional? I'd prefer to use custom bitmap.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #197
Can you make the dynamic icon optional? I'd prefer to use custom bitmap.

You can use Resource Hacker to change search icons.
it is PNG format since new version.

However, I hope Quicksearch provide icon config too.

Secondly, there is my request.
Please provide font change option?

I try change following resource strings every time.
>LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
>FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg", FW_NORMAL, FALSE, 0

thank you.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #199
Thanks for the quick update