Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hydrogenaudio Server Switch (Read 122325 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydrogenaudio Server Switch

Reply #25
Not bad. Kudos on getting it up and running so fast; I thought the downtime would be longer.

Reply #26
Congrats on the upgrade/move.  Looking forward to even-faster refutations of the "mp3 is like a jpg" discussions. 

Reply #27
No need to be sarcastic when things do look much better and posts are easier to read.  This is an improvement over the old layout which has been the same for quite a bit of time.

Not sarcastic at all. I just mentioned something that came first to my attention after the server switch.
BTW, the server response time is extremely good. Double speed for me.

Reply #28
Congratulations and thanks to all concerned. Like the new look, especially as the changes are subtle.

BTW, just before the server shut down temporarily, HA was going much faster for me--I thought the change might have been done invisibly. Obviously just a fluke, and the take-away is: you always need properly controlled tests.

Reply #29
Awesome. Congratulations and thank you.

Reply #30
Congrats on the upgrade/move.  Looking forward to even-faster refutations of the "mp3 is like a jpg" discussions. 
your mirrored user-name avatar looks out of place with the new look though zipr

Reply #31
If you read this, you're on the new server. Welcome!

Thanks for all your efforts.

Curiously, it currently does not show hydrogenaudio domain name. Is this temporary or will this be the new domain?

This is temporary. By now everything should point to hydrogenaudio.org again.

Reply #32
Excellent. It will no longer take me 10 minutes to empty my PM box.

Reply #33
Lightning fast now. Are there any plans to bring us the combo box back, for easier forum navigation?

Reply #34
Lightning fast now. Are there any plans to bring us the combo box back, for easier forum navigation?

Maybe. It was one of the ugliest hacks we had, so I'm not really enthusiastic about it. It will also be harder to fit in the new layout.

Reply #35
Not sarcastic at all. I just mentioned something that came first to my attention after the server switch.
BTW, the server response time is extremely good. Double speed for me.

Sorry but you used this smiley:  That is mostly used when someone is being sarcastic.  That is why I was confused and thought you were being negative here.

Reply #36
i never had problems with speed before, but it's good to be back again, and a nice design, too.
LAME 3.100.1 -V0

Reply #37
may i ask what theme is the forum using now? i think i'll try to port it to punbb when i have too much free time

Reply #38
Default "IP.Board Pro" with a few tweaks.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #40
Default "IP.Board Pro" with a few tweaks

It looks 10x better then the previous theme in my opinion. It's more "professional" looking. Everything seems to be working good. My only question is why in the profile can you not change your "gender" or "interests". It appears as though the drop down menu on either of those does not work!? I am confused. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #41
Default "IP.Board Pro" with a few tweaks

It looks 10x better then the previous theme in my opinion. It's more "professional" looking. Everything seems to be working good. My only question is why in the profile can you not change your "gender" or "interests". It appears as though the drop down menu on either of those does not work!? I am confused. 

Hmm, worksforme. What browser?

Reply #42
It works fine here in FF3, not that I have any intention of changing my gender in the foreseeable future.

Cheers, Slipstreem. 

Reply #43
Very fast page loading, though I like the old theme better but thats just my taste. Kudos to the server switch.

Reply #44
Maybe. It was one of the ugliest hacks we had, so I'm not really enthusiastic about it. It will also be harder to fit in the new layout.
That was the thing in upper right which navigated me right to the Off-Topic or CD Hardware/Software section?
That's the feature I'm missing most in the moment.

Edit: typo
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #45
I think the logo should have a bit more padding top and bottom, but other than that, I like it 

Reply #48
Anyone else noticing problems with the "Forum Options" dropdown at the top of a subforum view and NoScript on Firefox?  I've got the latest FF (3.0.5) and NoScript (1.8.9.7) and even though HA is on my whitelist with everything allowed, I just don't get the dropdown menu when I click the button.  A completely clean FF profile with no addons installed works fine.
--

Thomas Davies

S.M.A.K.I.B.B.F.B.

Reply #49
Hmm, worksforme. What browser?

I am using FF3. I haven't tried it with IE yet. The drop down didn't seem to work when I clicked on either gender or options.
budding I.T professional