Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Feature Request] Close the playback device on pause (Read 2072 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feature Request] Close the playback device on pause

I'm not sure if this is related to foobar2000 or the output plugins, but..

can a option to close the playback device be added to the application settings? I would find something it useful together with the WASAPI output plugin, for example, which uses the exclusive mode. Otherwise, if I need to listen to something else for a few seconds I have to remember the track position.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Otherwise, if I need to listen to something else for a few seconds....

This is very important. WASAPI works better in MusicBee because when I actually stop the audio I am now no longer in exclusive mode so I can listen to other medias.

So implementing this with Foobar will be such a big improvement! In fact I dont use WASAPI just becuase of this hassle. It's sad to say but i'm on Optical in/out in DirectSound output.

Reply #2
file>preferences>playback>resume playback after restarting foobar2000.

now you can close foobar and it will remember the previous position when you start it again.

Reply #3
That's not a great workaround .

Reply #4
fairy nuff.

Reply #5
Get foo_playlist_attributes and activate "Bookmark last playback position" under
Preferences > Tools > Playlist attributes > Playback settings.
Now the playback position is remembered when stopping (not pausing) playback.

Reply #6
Request noted.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.