Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Aborting update check not possible? (Read 1884 times) previous topic - next topic

Aborting update check not possible?

I'm using foobar 1.1.10 final on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Just ran the check for updated components, and for some reason (temporary connectivity issue at my end maybe, or a network problem somewhere along the line), the check seemed to hang indefinitely. "Not a problem", I thought, "let me just press the Abort button like so". Unfortunately for some reason the Abort button was grayed out (see screenshot below), which made it completely useless of course. I tried this more than once to confirm (as long as the connectivity problem remained), and the button was indeed grayed out every single time.

The Preferences dialog couldn't be closed either, so the only way out was to close foobar itself. This duly displayed the following error:

After answering Yes however, foobar still didn't close. The update check and Preferences dialog went away, but I was still left with a "not responding" foobar window that needed another forcible close attempt to finally disappear. Of course, next time round I got the foobar safe mode query as expected.

So my question plus suggestion is - 1) why is the Abort button disabled? and 2) if I then try to forcibly close foobar, ideally the update check, Preferences dialogand foobar itself should be closed in one go.

Reply #1
Bump. Is the Abort button disabled for everyone? If so, it would be nice to have the bug acknowledged at least.

Reply #2
Acknowledged, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.