Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embed Album Art in MP3 Collection (Read 17561 times) previous topic - next topic

Embed Album Art in MP3 Collection

I have an album (Folder) called Billboard Top 100 Album art doesn't embed on each mp3s instead an album art save on the folder and it is on all songs what can i do to embed the album art inside the mp3s. 

Reply #1
I prefer to use a program called Tagscanner to embed album art. I have also used Perfect Tunes (currently in beta) that worked great for finding MP3's without album art and offers to fix them for you.

Reply #2
I use MP3Tag (FREE!!!).

And 99% of the time I scan the artwork from the CD.

For a long time I resisted embedding the artwork, since it seems silly to have 10 copies of an album's arwork hogging disc space.  But, it seems like this is the most-standard, most-universal configuration that works with any audio player.

Reply #3
DVDdoug, TagScanner is free as well and IMO better than Mp3tag. I actually had problems tagging large numbers of files at once with Mp3tag.

Reply #4
Since the purpose of lossy encoding is to save space, adding up to a megabyte to each file seems counterintuitive, a single "folder.jpg" is read by any audio player worth its salt - whether winamp, foobar, rockbox, or any stock android player. Unless you are using zune or wmp which both create ridiculous non standard thumbnails and other useless clutter what audio players are you using that dont read the standard folder.jpg or cover.jpg?

Reply #5
I prefer to use a program called Tagscanner to embed album art. I have also used Perfect Tunes (currently in beta) that worked great for finding MP3's without album art and offers to fix them for you.

So what is the best program for scanning music files to see if anything has been added to it, other than it just being a pure music file?

Reply #6

So what is the best program for scanning music files to see if anything has been added to it, other than it just being a pure music file?

The best? foobar2000 IMO.

Reply #7
The answer, as in so many other contexts, depends upon the format of the files that you want to check. Sure, foobar2000 can catch most standard tags and a good number of technical data, but something like MP4box would allow you to completely strip a file of its metadata and/or container, for instance. Plus, despite its frequent recommendation for everything under the sun – and, indeed, suitability in many cases – foobar2000 is not a dedicated tagger, as are MP3tag et al.

Reply #8

The best? foobar2000 IMO.

Where would I find out how to use foobar2000 to do this?  Even though ive used it as a player for a few years, I just started using it to convert my EAC ripped Flac files to mp3. I know there are addons and tweaking that can be done to Foobar2000, i've just not found the time to mess with it or read up on it much.

Reply #9
Hi guys! And what about me? I always ripped my cd without adding the albumart! Then, i added my album on iTunes, select all the mp3s of the album, properties and add the aart myself and of course the total size of the folder increase a lot. So, what can i do now? Maybe i can save the aart file of all my folders and delete the single cover in all my files and put just the folder.jpg? What do you think? And what about when i will copy my album folder with just the cover.jpg on it to my iPhone library?

Thanks guys

Reply #10
I'd recommend Taghycardia as a free tool to embed album artwork into mp3 tracks automatically. Reasons:

1) it uses both locally and online found images for embedding
2) it addresses the file bloat problem by allowing to arbitrarily limit the size of the images to be added to mp3s

Reply #11
Ok guys I need some help and I have been told you guys are the experts!

I need some help regarding Album Art

In preparation of getting my new car (Mercedes) I have updating my whole music collection onto my Galaxy Tab 3 for bluetoothing, And also onto a 64gb Memory stick.
I havie spent many hours using Windows media player updating all the tags and album art.

I think I know the answer already to question 1 -  When bluetoothing music is there anyway to also include the Album Art on the Car Display? I cannot seem to find a way to make this happen. (It does have the latest Mercedes Bluetooth technology). The music plays and the Tags are good. But no album art.  I somehow doubt it's possible but if anyone knows how or which android  / player can do this, could they please advise

Now 2nd Question as I said have spent hours updating ALL the art files only to find when I actually transfer them to the memory stick and plug into Car USB socket, probably less than 1% of all the 4000+ tracks album art has transferred across with the file!

Now I know there is Album Art attached to the files (as it shows on the Android player ) but it appears not to be
Embedded

I have found some very good programs on Android which allows you to change / use Album art of your own choosing which is good for some of the Unique mixes I have but one the issue with WMP is that when you select a certain album art and change it, it also changes all the corresponding Tags

One further point.....  The car also has a SD slot, so I transferred some files onto that to see if that worked and not only No Album Art but no Tags either just a load of Random numbers where the tags should be

Anyway any Advice you can give would be very much appreciated

I am probably being a complete numpty

But thanks in advance for any help / suggestions

Just for the record I do not use Itunes

Reply #12
Now I know there is Album Art attached to the files (as it shows on the Android player ) but it appears not to be Embedded
If MP3Tag shows the artwork, it's embedded.   

...I bought an iPod because the docking interface is standardized.  And, the iPod Classic can hold my entire music collection.    One of my car stereos has an iPod interface built-in and I bought an aftermarket adapter from a stereo shop for my other car.  Neither of these car stereos has a graphics display.

Reply #13
Far from me to try to be a killjoy or  PC crusader, but...

isn't having any flashy, colourful artwork displayed in a way that the driver can get easily distracted by or tempted to fiddle with, in fact a safety hazard of sorts?
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #14
Far from me to try to be a killjoy or  PC crusader, but...

isn't having any flashy, colourful artwork displayed in a way that the driver can get easily distracted by or tempted to fiddle with, in fact a safety hazard of sorts?

If it were a flashing GIF we were talking about I Would totally agree it could be distracting!

But we're not! I simply would like the Albumcover to show where it should show on the Car CD player display

It annoys me to have something that should work but does not and I am trying to work out if it is something
I am doing wrong or as I suspect (considering the amount of issues other people are having) there has not been the research done on how to get all the information correctly across from The player / memory stick / SD Card

I would also be interested to know if it's more of an Android problem or if it happens as much on Iphones and the like

Reply #15
It annoys me to have something that should work but does not blem or if it happens as much on Iphones and the like

I can tell you are annoyed.  Just don't misinterpret my question, as it was related to any generic possible safety implication of having anything displayed on the dashboard - not your own specific case.

My bad for diverting the thread slightly off-topic. 

Regardless, no need for the patronizing tone:
If it were a flashing GIF we were talking about I Would totally agree it could be distracting!

But we're not!
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Reply #16
I'm not sure that this is the best place to ask your question, as none of us are likely to have the same model of car as you. You might have better luck asking how to display album art on a dedicated Mercedes forum.

Reply #17
Thanks for the advice, I am making enquiries via other forums but not sure if my problems are actually Mercedes
Related or if general Windows / Android problems.....  Thanks again