Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help: Foobar & foo_neromp4.dll (Read 2532 times) previous topic - next topic

Help: Foobar & foo_neromp4.dll

I am trying to use foobar2000 (0.7.2 Beta 8) to convert .ape files to .m4a using foo_neromp4.dll. The files "appear" to encode properly and are about the same file size as an Itunes generated .m4a file BUT Itunes won't recognize the file properly.

The time displays "Not available" and the bit rate is "Unkown". Itunes won't play the file either, it's dead.

I've got other .m4a files from Nero that display and play properly but the ones from foobar2000 don't.

Constant Bit Rate = 128
Encoder Quality = High
AAC Profile = LC (low complexity)

Any suggestions

Reply #1
This happens with HIGH and LOW settings. Nothing, so far, has worked. All attemps fail ... is it just me & my settings or ?

Reply #2
This is a known bug in iTunes for Windows.

Reply #3
If this is a bug ... why do all of my other .m4a files created with Nero work and function properly with Itunes? The .m4a files were created with 6.0.0.9, edited with foobar2000 (for tagging) and dumped into Itunes. Nothing failed.

This was done with 307 albums. So what's different with this than how I did it?

Reply #4
Any response? Other Nero files are happy happy in Itunes, just not the ones that come out of foobar.

Reply #5
This problem only shows up on Nero files encoded with newer plugins. Don't know since which version exactly.

Hydrogenaudio has a thread on how to "fix" these files (if you want to fix it). Or you should just wait until iTunes gets fixed.

Menno