Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XviD 1.0.0 RC4 available, Codenamed "Hola" (Read 9457 times) previous topic - next topic

XviD 1.0.0 RC4 available, Codenamed "Hola"

Changes since 1.0.0 RC3 (Ni Hao):

* xvidcore
          o GMC 1 warp point (DivX5)
          o GMC 2 warp point fix
          o Minor postproc code fixes
          o Motion Vector clipping fix for stressing test cases.
          o Problems caused by wrong cooperation of bframes and frame dropping code.
          o Decoder provides quant information in stats.
    * VFW frontend
          o Multiple instance memory leak fix.
          o Improved bitrate calculator.
          o Some other minor changes.
    * DShow frontend
          o Release packages have all needed files to build from source.

source: http://www.xvid.org/

watch out for new compiles at the usual places:
http://xvid.gamrdev.com/
http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/

-andy-

Reply #1
Thanks for the news!

Reply #2
koepi'b build is now available..

-andy-

Reply #3
Koepi should use BitTorrent or something. I hate to download anything in his pages.

Reply #4
Koepi should use BitTorrent or something. I hate to download anything in his pages.

Elaborate. I never had a problem downloading anything from his pages and the speed has always been excellent too.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #5
And the file size for xvid is under 600KB...

Reply #6
weeeee!  better than an april fool joke

will try out as soon as humanly possible

(i run ZoneAlarm and never had trubs with Koepi's site...)

Reply #7
All my XVid material is getting decoded by the DivX filter, acording to the Media Player Classic, despite me choosing XVid to decode everything.

I have Xvid 1.0 rc4 and DivX Bundle 5.11 (minus player) installed. Media Player Classic is at 6.4.8.2. I already uninstalled all Xvid versions and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this ? I'm getting green goo and lots of garbage coming up from the bottom of some material.

Reply #8
Athlon optimized + thunderbird build (no sse) :

http://allies.freezope.org/#xvid
I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

Reply #9
All my XVid material is getting decoded by the DivX filter, acording to the Media Player Classic, despite me choosing XVid to decode everything.

I have Xvid 1.0 rc4 and DivX Bundle 5.11 (minus player) installed. Media Player Classic is at 6.4.8.2. I already uninstalled all Xvid versions and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this ? I'm getting green goo and lots of garbage coming up from the bottom of some material.

Well, one option is to go to the MPC settings, go to options->Filters->Overrides. Push "Add Filter". Select "XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder",  then set it to "Prefer" status. Also, you can similarly even block the divx filter completely.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #10
Use ffdshow if you are getting wrong output on XviD streams (i.e. DivX codec decoding XviD streams). It works on my system thanks to mobius!!
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #11
Yep. Thanks guys, I did that.

Shame I still get garbled video at the bottom of the screen.
They're all mod32 X*Y, 480x360 for example. So it can't be that.

Whenever stuff moves up from the bottom I get these artifacts. The picture is reset with each i-frame, but it's annoying nevertheless. I don't get this with new encodes. They're all encodes with an older build (2002 probably), but played fine with older builds.

Reply #12
360 is definitely not mod32, not even mod16. Anyway, this is a known issue with the older xvid encodings, try ffdshow or divx5 for for playback.

Reply #13
Yeah, you're right. Must have left my calulus implant in a drawer.

I hope they fix this. It's not like DivX has this problem with its encodes.
Otherwise a fine release.

Reply #14
Athlon optimized + thunderbird build (no sse) :

http://allies.freezope.org/#xvid

I tried the Athlon XP (I have a 64) build and it acted up rather strangely.

I tried reencoding one of the WMA9 hdtv democlips ("The Punisher" trailer, 720p) and it just stopped while encoding the first pass, leaving the cpu at 100%. Encoding the same clip, speed was sometimes very erratic and awfully slow (still, CPU at 100%) bursting out a handfull of frames every 10 seconds or so.

Went back to koepi's build and all was fine.