Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425550 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #401

thanks!

Reply #402
I've been working on a Metro-like theme for Deskband. It's not perfect, but I do what I can.

metro.7z, approx 4KB, contains config.js and four PNG images. The config.js file is uploaded from my system verbatim, and is configured to find the icons in C:\icons\metro (though it's trivial to put the icons elsewhere).

Reply #403
I'm migrating computers and managed to import everything to foobar, except for Deskband...

It shows up in my Plugin list, it just doesn't start the mini player at all. I then removed the plugin and attempted a fresh install, but the same happens: it's listed, but does nothing.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64, and I have .NET Framework 4 installed.

Any ideas on how to diagnose this? I pretty much can't listen to music anymore without this pretty thing. 
I don't need to import my settings, just being able to fresh-install it would be fine.

Reply #404
Foobar plugin is just one part, there is also a second one - explorer extension and it must be correctly installed. Please make sure that you follow the instructions in readme file exactly. Start from re-downloading zip and unblocking it.

Reply #405
Foobar plugin is just one part, there is also a second one - explorer extension and it must be correctly installed. Please make sure that you follow the instructions in readme file exactly. Start from re-downloading zip and unblocking it.

Well... I'm feeling pretty stupid now. It's been so long, I didn't even remember I had to register it.

NOW I feel complete at my new machine. Thanks a lot, and sorry for the short attention span. o/

Reply #406
Well, I have issue with your 1.1.2 version,
it does not work properly on my win 7 x64

I dont know how to get it to work right, but version 0.0.4 did work (on my laptop) where the newer one did not.

If you need any further info, tell me how to get it & I will give it to you.

Is there another component required? Only things I downloaded were Waveform seekbar & Playback Statistics, so my foobar is pretty much clean instalation. (The 2nd foobar where this component works has Album list panel, biography view, Columns UI, EL playlist, ES Playlist, HDCD decoder, Channel Spectrum Panel, Lyric Show panel, Mass Tagger, Midi Synth, Pause on Lock, WSH Panel Mod) - is there some dependency?

Oh, also, I did unblock it, unzip it, run the registration, then install the component & restart foobar. I have the framework. My Foobar does not show me he config page but it shows me the plugin as installed...

Reply #407
> it does not work properly on my win 7 x64
> My Foobar does not show me he config page but it shows me the plugin as installed...

Hi there.
First, describe what exactly does not work and what steps have you taken.
Second, make sure that foobar plugin and explorer extension dll are from the same distribution (same version). Re-read readme.txt and do exactly as it states.
Note that config window can be shown from right clicking menu on windows taskbar - foobar plugin part itself does not have any interface.

Also may be helpful:
Deskband Controls consists of two parts – foobar2000 plugin that you see in Components dialog in foobar2000 and explorer (shell) extension – that is what you see on taskbar. When you run provided cmd file this extension is registered to the system and it starts within explorer process with the same rights (which is not administrator rights) and if foobar2000 runs with administrator rights extension can not communicate with it due to security restrictions.

Reply #408
> it does not work properly on my win 7 x64
> My Foobar does not show me he config page but it shows me the plugin as installed...

Hi there.
First, describe what exactly does not work and what steps have you taken.
Second, make sure that foobar plugin and explorer extension dll are from the same distribution (same version). Re-read readme.txt and do exactly as it states.
Note that config window can be shown from right clicking menu on windows taskbar - foobar plugin part itself does not have any interface.

Also may be helpful:
Deskband Controls consists of two parts – foobar2000 plugin that you see in Components dialog in foobar2000 and explorer (shell) extension – that is what you see on taskbar. When you run provided cmd file this extension is registered to the system and it starts within explorer process with the same rights (which is not administrator rights) and if foobar2000 runs with administrator rights extension can not communicate with it due to security restrictions.

The shell part works partly - I see the Deskband controls when looking at tools (dunno how it is in win in english, i have them in CZ), when I try to enable the deskband controls, nothing happens. The dialogue disappears and when I open it again, the change is reverted back.
I run foobar as user and i do see the deskband controls in components. Is there any log file which could I post to tell you some further info?

Reply #409
DC does not have any logs. Try to delete c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DeskbandControls\ folder and reinstall everything.

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #410
Great plugin but there are 2 things I would change / add:
- logarithmic volume control instead of linear (like main volume control of foobar)
- checkbox on right click - toggle stop after current

Reply #411
Hi, Bero1707
DC volume control is already logarithmic  :)
Good idea with stop after current, thank you.

BTW, I am working on new version, so now is the right time for feature requests  ;)

Reply #412
Hi, Bero1707
DC volume control is already logarithmic  :)
Good idea with stop after current, thank you.

BTW, I am working on new version, so now is the right time for feature requests  ;)
well when I compare it to windows volume control it seems much better but it doesn't "move" identical as foobar's toolbar controller.

talking about stop after current you can fix problem with it's button (when it's enabled). it stays turned on when the song stops although I don't use / hide that button.

it would be also nice if text blocks could "bounce" from left to right and then back instead of scroll.

and one more thing I would like to have is option to somehow minimize foobar to deskband toolbar or floating window so I don't need tray icon no more. that way I could also minimize to taskbar sometimes when I want without changing settings.

I hope this will give you few more ideas

Reply #413
you can also include options to remove copy artist, copy title and others when you right click on deskband

Reply #414
and give me menu with playlist songs to chose so I don't need to show foobar every time

Reply #415
Hi, just registered to say thanks for making this! exactly what I've been looking for. Should be included with foobar.

Awesome tool. looks great, works well. really useful and love the customisation.

I've attached an image of the setup I made. if anyone can explain how to export the profile.js file I'll post it up here.

Also, if you're looking for features, I'd request a tab in the settings box to choose/customise the right-click menu. A choice over which of the built-in options are shown would be great (e.g. I'd probably hide the "search internet" button), plus some extras (open folder / files in foobar, next album button, play mode settings?). It'd be really cool if users could add custom commands...

Reply #416
i get a .NET framework error when i try to access settings. Everything else works. I have tried installig .NET 4, but as i guessed, Windows 10 comes with .NET already so i couldn't reinstall it.\

Any ideas?

Reply #417
This is common mistake many people have made, please reinstall everything according to instructions in readme.txt - you did not unblock downloaded zip.

Reply #418
Heya, wanted to register to show my support! This is pretty much my favorite plugin for foobar right now. Is it possible to change the text that gets displayed when something has to scroll? By default it puts " **** " at the beginning so you know where the text starts back up, I'd like to be able to remove or change that in the settings.

edit: also, it seems to keep scrolling when you change songs, or something. For example, the song is called 'This is a song with a long title', it scrolls and I switch to the next song when it's at 'ong with a long title **' then a few seconds later I switch back and it's at 'ng title **** This is a s'. Can you reset the scroll position when you change tracks?

Reply #419
Hi tensuke! What you ask is not possible in current version, but both requests are accepted, stay tuned  :)

Reply #420
Awesome, glad to hear it!  :D

Reply #421
This is one excellent piece of software. I tried every available audio player on the Internet and none would provide me with a simple and small toolbar that met my needs, until I found this. I wasn't even a foobar user before, but now I don't see myself using any other player ever. Thanks a lot.

Two feature requests:

1. Optional tooltip with the name of the song when hovering the deskband. Taskbar space is of utmost value to me, as you can see in the attached image. But sometimes I want to quickly check the name of the song and it would be nice if we had a tooltip. Even better if it's not the Windows tooltip, that one is too small. Something a little bigger and with more contrast would be great.

2. An usability thing. When clicking on the deskband, it takes the focus away from the current window and you can't continue typing or scrolling, you have to click on the window in order to do that. It's a small thing, but it would be great if the deskband could return the focus to the (last) active windows after receiving some input.

I could try to code those things if you have the code available on github or somewhere else.

Cheers.

Reply #422
veyronzx - thank you for feedback, I am glad you liked it.
Deskband Controls source code is not available on github yet, although I am planning to publish it in near future.
You requests are accepted.  ;)

Reply #423
When I double-click the mouse on the text track\picture album, then foobar appears inactive window (behind other windows). How can I fix it? To foobar was the front.
Windows 10

Reply #424
Hi. I downloaded Deskband Controls on Windows XP SP3, installed it and it worked fine. But, when I restarted the computer, it was no longer working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again, but it didn't work. Thanks for the help.