Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to add MD5 Checksum in TAK files? (Read 1836 times) previous topic - next topic

How to add MD5 Checksum in TAK files?

Hello everyone,
I hope someone can help me out.
I read somewhere that Tak audio format never automaticly add's MD5 Checksum.
In foobar theres no option to add it in the files.
But i do found something in Taudioconverter to verify the MD5 checksums.
So does the latest version of Tak automaticly adds the md5 checksum or not?
If i convert my masters in foobar2000 for example to to tak of Taudioconverter will it store the md5 checksums automaticly in the tak files if not how should i turn this feature on?
Also whats the best TAK compression setting is -p2 really the most suitable with pMax being overkill ?
I hope someone can shed a light on this..
Thanks in advance !

Reply #1

No, it does not. If you're using the command line encoder, you can use the -md5 switch to add a checksum during encoding, or check it during decoding. This isn't 'forced' like FLAC does however.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Reply #2

No, it does not. If you're using the command line encoder, you can use the -md5 switch to add a checksum during encoding, or check it during decoding. This isn't 'forced' like FLAC does however.

Sorry if i ask i did used the search button on this forum but did not find the right command.
Can you tell me how the right command looks like with md5 checksum in the files activated ?
And does this command works in foobar2000 to ?
Also is -p2 really most suitable and pMax being overkill or does it not matthers ?
I read -p2 is the most recommend setting.

Reply #3
This thread can be closed.
It looks like i was right with Taudioconverter you can force to add md5 checksum of raw wav file.
Thanks in advance.