Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 882573 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1300
First, wish you doing well at degree finals. 

Second, more problem detection report by v0.3.5.2:
Japanese songs with artist's name containing Kanji same with Traditional Chinese character (e.g. 山下達郎) also can't find lyrics anymore.
Only Japanese songs with artist's name in English (e.g. B'z) and songname in English or without Kanji can get lyrics.
Some Traditional Chinese title songs with both artist's name (e.g. 五月天) and songname (e.g. 人生海海) same with Simplified Chinese character can show Simplified Chinese lyrics now, but not exact Traditional Chinese lyrics as before.

Third, although Timestamped 3 and Timestamped 1 are still on Lyric Searching list, but when I search for English songs, only Timestamped 2 and lyrics.wikia display choices.
If my memory is right, I used to gain correct Traditional Chinese lyrics and Japanese lyrics from Timestamped 3 and Timestamped 1.
So, could it be the reason that v0.3.5.2 and v.0.4.1 can't find or show Traditional Chinese and Japanese lyrics like before?

Hope you fix these bugs in next release, of course, when you have free time! 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1301
@Louis119
Yes the issue is known & needs this fix implementing.

@orlywood
Just to confirm that timestamped 1 became unavailable a long time ago. Additionally, timestamped 3 went off for a week in December came back on for two weeks and has now been unavailable to me for about 6 weeks. Also issues reported in posts 1256 1270, 1274, 1278 and 1281 may either relate directly to, or have become more noticeable, since the unavailability of timestamped 3. Also to reiterate since the vern is currently very busy that there is a lyric source sdk on the google code website so anybody can add a lyric source if they wanted to.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1302
I can partly confirm some issues described above.
As I can see the servers behind the Timestamped 1 database are online (and I still can find/grab the lyrics directly from their services).
But it looks like they have changed something in the lyrics search procedure, and probably this is the reason why the component does not return any search results from the Timestamped 1 source.
We need The Vern to confirm and fix it.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1303
Hello, I'm new to this forum aswell as using foobar2000 as my main player (sadly Winamp is not what it used to be anymore). The only thing i'm missing so far is the lyrics plugin (http://www.lyricsplugin.com/). I downloaded the plugin available here but first of all, it's in a separate window! why is that? second, why does it have to actually download the lyrics? can't it be like a browser showing lyrics from some website like the Winamp plugin?
I'm sorry if this questions have been asked and answered already, haven't got time to read more around here. Hope you don't mind =)

Thanks!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1304
Hello, I'm new to this forum aswell as using foobar2000 as my main player (sadly Winamp is not what it used to be anymore). The only thing i'm missing so far is the lyrics plugin (http://www.lyricsplugin.com/). I downloaded the plugin available here but first of all, it's in a separate window! why is that? second, why does it have to actually download the lyrics? can't it be like a browser showing lyrics from some website like the Winamp plugin?
I'm sorry if this questions have been asked and answered already, haven't got time to read more around here. Hope you don't mind =)

Thanks!

1st question. You must to change the skin of foobar for another that support and have a lyric plugin panel look:

(I put a random skin I don't know which is)
Just put on the browser foobar 2000 skins and download it. Look at the skin is not outdated.

2nd question I don't understand it.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1305
@PabloW
You add foo_uie_lyrics3 to your layout as you would any other panel, e.g. see http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=784301. Or you can use it as a pop-up panel as you discovered. You can disable lyric saving on the Lyric Saving tab in preferences, but the lyric data has to be obtained by your pc even with the winamp plug-in you cited. However, I would recommend saving lyrics, especially synced/timestamped lyrics if used because there are fewer sources, in case sources become unavailable and for off-line usage. It also reduces demand on the servers.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1306
Version 0.4.2 uploaded to the repository. You can update through foobar's auto update

Changes[/u]
- Fixed high CPU usage
- Fixed tag saving/loading
- Fixed Timestamped 3 and the errors with punctuation
- Made tag loading asynchronous
- Potential crash fixes
- It now retains the custom fallback font
- The batch search will now save associations

I've only had a limited amount of time to test this so please let me know if there are any bugs. The changes are pretty minor so hopefully all will be well

With regards to the other databases:
- Timestamped 1 has indeed changed the interface and will be a little tricky to fix - hence not fixing it in this update
- Timestamped 2 and lrc123 are both working, but are very slow. You can increase your timeout time to help this

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1307
Just a quick update to fix a crash when using the batch search (thanks WilB)

It's now 0.4.3 - as usual you can update through the foobar auto update feature

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1308
Could you please update the release date on the component download page?
Its a bit confusing...
Thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1309
I had no idea it was wrong.... done!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1310
I can't scroll through lyrics anymore with the new update.
The mouse wheel and clicking and dragging doesn't do anything.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1311
Same here...
Manually scrolling with mouse-wheel doesn't works anymore

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1312
Thanks for reporting, it's a repaint issue - resizing the panel makes it draw in the correct position.

It's now fixed on my version - I'll release later today, depending if anything else crops up.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1313
Thanks for reporting, it's a repaint issue - resizing the panel makes it draw in the correct position.

It's now fixed on my version - I'll release later today, depending if anything else crops up.

Many thanks for your work vern, please tell us when the scroll is fixed, thanks again.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1314
0.4.4 is up.

This fixes the above scrolling issue and a repaint issue when seeking to the start of a track.

Enjoy

P.S. If you find any bugs please tell me asap as I'm more likely to have time this weekend

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1315
0.4.4 is up.

This fixes the above scrolling issue and a repaint issue when seeking to the start of a track.

Enjoy

P.S. If you find any bugs please tell me asap as I'm more likely to have time this weekend

Many thanks, I will be alert

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1316
thank you, the vern!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1317
Man, I have tested the plugin and works perfectly now! The Minilyrcs lyrcs now appear, I can see it because when I upload a lyric to minilyrc database does appear instantly in the lyrics plugin with the "Timestamped 3". Thanks again.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1318
Whats the best way to stop the lyric search for all instrumental tracks?

Many times by Artist-Track a "Rubbish" lyric is found and show/saved
These include most of Classical, Soundtracks and Instrumental

May be if an Empty (0 bite) Lyric file is found just display the fallback Txt

The old foo_uie_lyrics2 had a Lyrics search filter that allowed you to define expressions like $if2(%genre%,) with values like "Classical;Instrumental;Soundtrack;New Age;Easy Listening;Speech;Podcast".

Sadly, this filter wasn't taken into foo_uie_lyrics3. Maybe in a future version?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1319
Im new to FooBar, Im new to this Lyrics program, tested it for a few days and.

I FUCKING LOVE IT !!!!!

Keep up the awesome work.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1320
Hi Vern,

The bugs of previous version gone, thank you very much! 
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1321
Oki

Tried the plugin alot more, still love it. Just trying to figure out ways to improve it.
And if others have suggested these things or these are utterly retarded suggestions for X and Y reasons sorry. But since the addon got about 53 pages, Im simply not gonna read all pages to see what all other have written.

All these following suggestions are regarding "lyrics with timestamps".

Point 1-3 all are about the same thing.

***1***
Is there any way possible to report or blacklist some lyrics of songs. Because some songs are not synced.

***2***
Any way to "request" lyrics to songs.

***3***
Any possible way to "rate" lyrics.

*** 4 ***
Any way for the application to automatic upload stats/info.
The stats Im referring to is similar to the following.
"Metallica - One" does not have timestamped lyrics. (just an example)
635.435 Times have "Metallica - One" been played without timestamped lyrics. (So the dedicated people who like fixing lyrics can see what songs are played most. So priority can be given to more played songs over others to get timestamped)
224.234 People have rated "Metallica - One" timestamped lyrics to be incorrectly.

***5***
Filter to not display lyrics that have Asian letters/signs in them ?

***6***
Prefer "censored lyrics" or "not censored lyrics"
Personally I prefer to have the "Fuck" and other words showing instead of "F*#k"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1322
@Wolfbane 1- the only way is to edit the LRC with minilyrics, upload your corrected LRC to the database and load them in the foobar by default (First you must to delete the LRC Temp file). In Minilyrcs I don't know if possible to report them (If is timestamped).
2- Yes in Minilyrics, the only place, but I don't know how exactly.
3- Minilyrics too.

I know that you are referirng about lyrics plugin contains that options in next versions, I say you this at the moment, I think that will not be easy to do that.

In the next update of the lyrics plugin I would like a lyrics search like Minilyrics that don't contain only "specifically" that words, but contains that words and more to do the search more extended with all the lyrics available.

Thanks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1323
@the vern

please give back batch association !!
I accidentally deleted all entries (only wanted delete one entry)

thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1324
@lender1257:
It's not needed anymore - the local file search is able to search for specific file names (not just the artist and title combinations). Just put your filename format in the local file search properties and it should work