Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 881222 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1225
The available sources are those you can potentially use. To use, select them individually and move to the search order pane (although I think a default lyrics3 install has them there already). You can remove those you do not use from the search order pane by the reverse of this process. I assume your files have the correct artist and title tags, otherwise searching will not work. The databases I listed are currently working for me; e.g. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now found 6 synced lyrics by doing a right click lyric search. If you have a slow internet connection you may need to increase the search time out - double click one of the timestamped database entries. Also are you using the latest version (0.4.1) as there are ongoing fixes/improvements to database searching - I cannot seem to find "query all and pick the best..." in 0.4.1 + you say you cannot see timestamped 3?

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1226
@ firewater:
Yeah wilb is right - you're using an older version, upgrade to 0.4.1 and it should all work.

@cliff62
I'm not having any problems with timestanped 3 at the moment - are you?

@AzureNinja99
I assuming that you opened another topic because lyrics 3 wasn't the issue?

@StealthX:
It's working here - if you create a completely new version of the panel in your layout does it still do it?

@vze2mp9g
Lyrics 3 has a built in synchroniser if you right click in the panel and choose edit lyrics you can timestamp lyrics there.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1227
The available sources are those you can potentially use. To use, select them individually and move to the search order pane (although I think a default lyrics3 install has them there already). You can remove those you do not use from the search order pane by the reverse of this process. I assume your files have the correct artist and title tags, otherwise searching will not work. The databases I listed are currently working for me; e.g. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now found 6 synced lyrics by doing a right click lyric search. If you have a slow internet connection you may need to increase the search time out - double click one of the timestamped database entries. Also are you using the latest version (0.4.1) as there are ongoing fixes/improvements to database searching - I cannot seem to find "query all and pick the best..." in 0.4.1 + you say you cannot see timestamped 3?

HTH

@ firewater:
Yeah wilb is right - you're using an older version, upgrade to 0.4.1 and it should all work.

This is what I see.

How do I update to 0.4.1+?

edit: confirmed that I must upgrade because I checked on components and I have version 0.2.3 installed of "Lyric Show Panel"/foo_uie_lyrics3.
edit2: I would like to update every component, in case a thing such as "automatic updates" exists, because now I'm wondering if I have older version of the others as well.
edit3: wow I'm fucking stupid there is a "Get updates" button right there. I'll use it and see what happens.
edit4: yes! it works! finally! thank you guys very much :-)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1228
Just use foobar's auto update feature! help->check for component updates or on the components page in peferences

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1229
Great job.
But offset + scroll wheel = butthurt

Or I do not understand something?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1230
I have absolutely no idea what you are asking! Would you mind giving us something more helpful?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1231
Is there any way to quickly edit multiple lines of lyrics without touching the timestamps? I have synced English lyrics to some Schubert songs that I would like to replace with translations for my native language, or better English translations, but it seems that there's only two ways to do it: either paste the whole translation and move the timestamps to each line one by one, or copy/paste the lyrics one line at a time, carefully dodging the timestamps. Both ways are kind of a pain in the butt. Perhaps some external application? Thanks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1232
random scrolling on the plagin window - leads to spoiled offset

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1233

quite some time ago i requested an option to disable the offset adjusting when scrolling with the mouse wheel (to disable it only for synced lyrics, because i find it useful for unsynced), but i can't remember what was the answer from the wern.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1234
@temar:
The plugin itself cannot do this, there may be other programs you can use, but others will know more about this than I do.

@desiredlogin:
There is a reset offset option in the right click menu. I want the offset to change with the mouse wheel - it can be useful if the lyrics are slightly out of sync.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1235
Is there any way to quickly edit multiple lines of lyrics without touching the timestamps? I have synced English lyrics to some Schubert songs that I would like to replace with translations for my native language, or better English translations, but it seems that there's only two ways to do it: either paste the whole translation and move the timestamps to each line one by one, or copy/paste the lyrics one line at a time, carefully dodging the timestamps. Both ways are kind of a pain in the butt. Perhaps some external application? Thanks.

Answering my own question in case anyone else happens to be struggling with the same thing. I found a pretty good way to do this using Notepad++. Here's how:

- Open the original, timestamped lrc file in Notepad++
- Create a new document in a new tab. Make sure the encoding is the same as that of the lyrics file.
- Paste/type the new lyrics into the empty document.
- Go back to the original lyrics tab, hold Alt and paint the timestamp area using your mouse, holding the mouse button.
- Ctrl-C to copy it
- Go back to the new document with the new lyrics (make sure that every line is in the right place, as in the original file)
- Again hold Alt and use mouse to draw a vertical line in the left, in the beginning of every line.
- Ctrl-V to paste the timestamps
- Save and overwrite the original

It's still not as simple as I would hope but this is the easiest way I could come up with, certainly it's a lot less work than going over each line one by one. If you guys know of a better way, please share. It would of course be best if this could be done by simply pasting the text in Lyrics Show Panel 3, hint hint. 

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1236
Feature Request:

I would like a way to copy the lyrics in the window without the timestamps. To be able to get the un-timestamped lyrics you have to copy the lyrics in the editor and manually backspace all the times.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1237
@memories:
Shift+click foobar's view menu -> Lyric Show 3 -> copy lyric without stamp
You can assign this to a shortcut using foobar's keyboard shortcut functionality.

@temar:
The reason I'm not going to do that is explained in your post - there will be many problems with the lyrics not syncing properly due to misalignments in formatting/line length.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1238

quite some time ago i requested an option to disable the offset adjusting when scrolling with the mouse wheel (to disable it only for synced lyrics, because i find it useful for unsynced), but i can't remember what was the answer from the wern.

agree.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1239
@The vern: Thank you.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1240
Hi,
Newbie. Just wanted to say that I f'n Love your plug-in. The auto-scroll runs very smoothly and the way it syncs with the song is completely cool.
Thanks!

-MPi2000

P.S. When I play 99 Red Balloons (English ver), the lyrics show up in German. I believe this is an .mp3 via .wav that I taggged w/3rd-party tool. Is this unexpected result based on the database source, album version,...?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1241
I tried Nena - 99 Red Balloons for synced only and only English lyrics were found. May be you have tags in German despite the song being in English?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1242
In foobar 1.3 beta 7 you can not store a new value for lyrics (foo_uie_lyrics3 0.4.1), if it already contains an entry.
(Was already a problem in beta 6.)
There is a workaround - delete the current entry and store a new one -
but it would be nice if the bug was fixed.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1243
It intentionally won't overwrite lyrics unless you explicitly tell it to. Do this by right clicking on the panel and choosing save.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1244
It intentionally won't overwrite lyrics unless you explicitly tell it to. Do this by right clicking on the panel and choosing save.

Even in this case, the new lyrics is not stored.
It will store new lyrics only in case the lyrics are emtpy.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1245
I think this is a problem with beta 7 so I've posted in the feedback forum

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1246

Hi Vern,

I've found a bug which I hope you could fix.

Lyrics files over 32KB don't work, the plugin states file isn't found.

I'm creating files in multiple languages for some very long audio tracks (over 2 hrs!) and have reached the limit.

Hope its an easy and swift fix!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1247
Noted, will fix in the next release

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1248
The vern, in using 0.4.1, panel preferences>fallback text>use custom fallback font>select custom font, I can't get any new font selection to stick.  Could you please check to see if that works for you or not to see if this is an issue with my PC or not?  Thanks for your efforts!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1249
Yep, thanks for reporting, I'll fix this in the next release