Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] ELPlaylist (Read 523806 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] ELPlaylist

Reply #950
your explanation is fine and unfortunately, what you're asking isn't possible.

Reply #951
As I haven't found solution to this, let me ask:

Is it possible to set differnet functions in group format (is this correct expression?) for lossless and lossy formats? I've $info(bitspersample) and that's how i like it.

For lossy that is not possible, so I'd be fine with %codec%, and eventually if possible, encoder settings (eg. insane for MPC, v0, v2 etc for MP3 and so on) so the result would be something like MP3@CBR.

So, to rephrase, is it possible to differentiate expressions for different formats?

Now I got:

Reply #952
the easiest way..

Code: [Select]
%codec%[@%codec_profile%]

mp3
MP3@VBR V0

musepack
Musepack@'Extreme'

Reply #953
Thanks for quick reply, that's part of question answered 

Group format now looks like this:

$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,%album% ['['CD%discnumber%']'],%album%) ['('%date%')'] %codec%@$info(bitspersample)bit, %samplerate% Hz %channels%

Is it doable to say:

if lossless hten show bitspersample, if lossy then show codec (and profile, thanks for the tip ), in the same string?

Reply #954
you can do pretty much anything you like with $if

$if($strcmp(%__encoding%,lossy),display something for lossy formats,display something for lossless formats)

you can make a big long nest of them to display really customised info per codec if you really want.

Reply #955
What I needed.

Thanks marc!

Reply #956
Could anyone please tell me: Where is the option to "lock" the ELPlaylist panel to the "now playing" playlist, rather than the "activated" playlist?
I know it's possible (http://flipout69.deviantart.com/art/JAM-v1-3-407758948), and I also know that this preference could be stored in .elp files, but I just can't find the place to change it.
Thanks a lot.

Reply #957
I only know this option from EsPlaylist, but not ELPlaylist...

Reply #958
Hey guys!

I just registered, been lurking here for quite some time now. I have an issue regarding ELPlaylist.

I want to use EL as both, my library and my playlist. Right now I'm using three subgroups; the first one to display artists, the second one to display albums and the third one to display different CDs within an album. The third subgroup is just there to have an empty row between different CDs, so it's always set to zero. All of that works really well.

What I would like to achieve now is a very specific way of showing and hiding the second subgroup; the albums. My optimal configuration would look like this: First, there is only the artist group visible. Then I would double click that group to see the albums. Then I would double click an album to see its tracks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work that way. When I'm using the %el_is_collapsed% command to change the number of rows for my album group from 0 to 1, ELPlaylist will always expand ALL albums and tracks when I'm double clicking the artist group. Which can be pretty confusing. So, what I'd like to have are different levels of collapsing and expanding. Right now my group header code looks like this:

$ifequal(%el_group_depth%,2,0,$ifequal(%el_group_depth%,0,4,$ifequal(%el_group_depth%,1,$if(%el_is_collapsed%,0,1),)))

I guess what I'm looking for is not possible. Still, maybe someone has an idea for a workaround. I thought about using %el_selected% as a trigger for showing the albums, but when I'm using that command nothing seems to happen at all.

First picture shows what artist only look like.

The second picture shows what I would LIKE to happen when I'm double clicking an artist, expanding the album names and then expanding a specific album.

Reply #959
Anybody?

Reply #960
Can EL pull/use PSS color globals?

Reply #961
I've had a weird thing with ELPlaylist's grouping that's been plaguing me for a long time, and I'd like to finally get it sorted out. As you can see in this screenshot, both tracks should be grouped in the same album, as far as I can tell. However, in this second screenshot (lux v2 skin), they are grouped separately. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?

Reply #962
Quite simply there is a mismatch between your tags and whatever the playlist uses to group by. Given how flexible ELPlaylist is, it could be set anywhere buried in lines of code or there may be a nicely labelled variable for it? Who knows? The chances of anyone reading your post, finding the theme, installing another copy of foobar, downloading it, installing it and picking it apart to give you answer is very slim indeed so I suggest you take look yourself. If you can't figure out to fix it then use something else.

edit: Thinking about it again, I think grouping has its own tab in the settings - it's only the group display which could be buried in the code. The group display and what is used to actually group can be completely independent of each other.

Reply #963
Here's the group format, if that helps at all:
$if(%COMPILATION%,%album%,$swapprefix([%album artist%])) | $if(%album%,$ifgreater($if(%totalsides%,%totalsides%,%totaldiscs%),1,[%album%]|||[%discnumber%]|[%side%],[%album%]),[%album%])

Reply #964
As you can see in this screenshot, both tracks should be grouped in the same album, as far as I can tell. However, in this second screenshot (lux v2 skin), they are grouped separately. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?

It's not a problem of grouping, it's a problem of sorting: now the playlist have 1st track from one disk, then 2nd track form another disk, then 2nd track form a third disk...

Reply #965
It's not a problem of grouping, it's a problem of sorting: now the playlist have 1st track from one disk, then 2nd track form another disk, then 2nd track form a third disk...

Interesting. Can you make sense of this sort format, and possibly give me a suggestion on how to fix it?

$if(%COMPILATION%,%album%,$swapprefix([%album artist%])) | %date% | %album% | %side% | %discnumber% | %tracknumber% | %title%

Reply #966
I don't know, it should work as is.

Reply #969
Interesting. I'll fill those in some time today if I get a chance and see what happens.

How do you populate your (incorrectly sorted) playlist?

Reply #970
Interesting. I'll fill those in some time today if I get a chance and see what happens.

How do you populate your (incorrectly sorted) playlist?

I use the Album List media library view, right-click "all music", and then click "create autoplaylist".

After adding the total disc number field, I now see a sub-header showing "DISC n OF 3", but the grouping hasn't changed. Additionally, I've noticed that a lot of my album art has disappeared, even though there's a file named "folder.jpg" in the directory.

Reply #971
I use the Album List media library view, right-click "all music", and then click "create autoplaylist".

So it's Album List sorting (and setting), not ELPlaylist.
You can sort manually: menu Edit -> Sort -> Sort by... and enter your sort format string.

Reply #972
So it's Album List sorting (and setting), not ELPlaylist.
You can sort manually: menu Edit -> Sort -> Sort by... and enter your sort format string.

In the foobar menu, I just have Sort. No submenu. If I right-click, I get Sort -> Default.

Reply #973
In the foobar menu, I just have Sort. No submenu. If I right-click, I get Sort -> Default.

That's not the foobar menu. That's some hacked together wsh script. You can temporarily re-enable toolbars in CUIs settings to get to the proper sort menu. Alternatively you could try and use force sorting on your autoplaylist. Right click it in the EXPL panel and select Configure Autoplaylist (Album List branch) from the menu. Tick the force sorted box. Might help. Might not. Might be better off using something else.

Reply #974
That's not the foobar menu. That's some hacked together wsh script. You can temporarily re-enable toolbars in CUIs settings to get to the proper sort menu.

This did the trick, thanks! Now just to figure out what's going on with the album art...