Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wasapi 3.0 issues (Read 12436 times) previous topic - next topic

wasapi 3.0 issues

i have posted in the general thread but there hasnt been much response

the issue is the new version wasapi 3.0 does not work correctly on event or push with my usb dac

after an install it starts on event then pops n clicks then fails, if i switch it to push it just doesnt play at all after this

nor will it start playing on switching back to event at all after this rendering both modes useless

if i go back to wasapi 2.1 its all fine and works

i downloaded the trial of jriver and have no issues at all with event or wasapi ( i presume there push mode)

this seems to indicate its not a driver issue and is a foobar issue with version 3.0

(windows 7 sp1 64bit)

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #2
thanks for reply i tried 3.1 b1 fix and its still the same, no joy for me

event and push both work fine in jriver so why not in foobar?

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #3
thanks for reply i tried 3.1 b1 fix and its still the same, no joy for me

event and push both work fine in jriver so why not in foobar?

I'm having problems too, but with different resulting errors. Event works fine for me in JRiver, but not in fb2k. Push works fine, though.

I'll check to see if Event works in Winamp.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #4
Nevermind. No WASAPI plugin for Winamp yet.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #5
More information might be helpful:

Win 7 64 SP1
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 192

All files in various formats play at reduced speed, with near-total distortion.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #6
Hello to all. I too have the same problem with 3.0 and WASAPI foobar. My DAC Audio-gd 15.1 Tenor 8802l usb. If I use the cable  optical or coaxila work. USB does not work. The strange thing (EVENT) to work for a short time. I would use WASAPI because a low latency. Sorry for my English Thz

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #8
I would use WASAPI because a low latency.
Why exactly do you need low latency?

The WASAPI plug-in exposes hardware buffer size settings in advanced preferences. Have any of you tried tweaking these values? If the 2.x plug-in worked for you, push mode with large hardware buffer ought to work in the 3.x series.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #9

The WASAPI plug-in exposes hardware buffer size settings in advanced preferences. Have any of you tried tweaking these values? If the 2.x plug-in worked for you, push mode with large hardware buffer ought to work in the 3.x series.

With WASAPI 3.0 (when it works) The lastency was 200 max (usb). With the owners Asio latency up to 2000, does not seem a good thing.

I tried yesterday Hardware buff. How should I set up? I tried 1 to 100

thz

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #10

Hi Peter,

Push mode works fine on my system, but Event mode produces totally garbled output, for lack of a way to describe it technically. Again, works fine in jRiver's implementation.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #11
Push mode works fine on my system, but Event mode produces totally garbled output, for lack of a way to describe it technically. Again, works fine in jRiver's implementation.
Well, does changing the buffer size in advanced preferences have any impact on this problem?

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #12
Well, does changing the buffer size in advanced preferences have any impact on this problem?

No, although I didn't try a variety of settings. Is there a recommended setting, or does it depend on the sound card (in my case, an M-Audio Audiophile 192)? Not a big deal to me, as ASIO works fine, but I was curious why it doesn't work.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #13
If the old WASAPI plug-in worked, push mode with a large (500ms and higher) hardware buffer ought to work.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #14
On my M-Audio Projectmix I/O changing the hardware buffer in advanced options from 10 to 30 helped with distorted output, and if you haven't found it yet, here's a picture:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #15
Hi,

I have a Windows 7 64bit setup running foobar 1.18 but this also happens on older foobar versions.
I have Wasapi 3.1 and this happens with 3.0.

My soundcard is the TEAC UD-H01.

Whenever using either Wasapi Event or Push methods and start playing an audio file (FLAC with resolution from 44.1Khz to 192Khz) often palyback doesn't start. If playback start and then I want to stop the track and play another one it doesn't play (The spectrum visualization is frozen).

If I try to stop and play again 90% doesn't play the track.

From that point I can't play any audio in my windows unless I turn off and back on my Teac UD-H01 (and sometimes still doesn't work so that I need to restart windows).

Does someone has faced and solved this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #16
Intermittent and inconsistent results typically point at a driver bug. Are your drivers up-to-date from the manufacturer? Alternately, perhaps older drivers might provide better results.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #17
Intermittent and inconsistent results typically point at a driver bug. Are your drivers up-to-date from the manufacturer? Alternately, perhaps older drivers might provide better results.

The drivers currently installed are up-to-date (I checked on manufacturer site) and unfortunately I don't have older version to test. If you're right it seems that I don't have the chance to enjoy foobar with wasapi. This is really frustrating because when it works the sound is amazing compared with my CD player.

Any other suggestion?

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #18
WASAPI should not sound audibly different from DirectSound. It is really only useful for special cases, like getting bit accuracy necessary for bitstreaming compressed formats like AC3 and DTS, or for use with wine because their DirectSound stack is still flaky.

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #19

The drivers currently installed are up-to-date (I checked on manufacturer site) and unfortunately I don't have older version to test. If you're right it seems that I don't have the chance to enjoy foobar with wasapi. This is really frustrating because when it works the sound is amazing compared with my CD player.

Any other suggestion?

Sorry for my english ,i have same usb dac TEAC UD-H01 and i use driver from Japan site , foobar not working for me with wasapi  but works very well Jriver 18 ,XBMC EDEN 11 and TEAC player  from japan site http://teac.jp/product/ud-h01/downloads/.I think the problem is not bad driver

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #20
Foobar still don't work with teac udh01 after upgrade latest version of wasapi,foobar.Any suggestion??? 

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #21
Try ASIO or a larger buffer (read Peter's tip).

wasapi 3.0 issues

Reply #22
Wasapi 3.0 or above doesn't work with TEAC UD H01, try to use the old version Wasapi 2.1, it's work fine. Upgrade the TEAC driver to the latest version from the japanese site http://teac.jp/product/ud-h01/downloads/
Try to use  another USB port too, it could help.
You can download the TEAC HR Audio Player, it's give very good result, play flac but also dsf and diff files (use wasapi).
This player works with the new TEAC DAC UD-501 in direct DSD.