Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar 1.1.17 - facets 1.0 interoperability? (Read 2325 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar 1.1.17 - facets 1.0 interoperability?

what's happened to foobar since version 1.1.16/17?

the album list stays empty when i add folders to the library, unless i include the root of that folder instead (eg e:\music doesnt work, but e:\ includes all songs found on that drive including those in the music folder)

more importantly though, an apparent change to the api causes the facets plugin to show up empty as well, unless i load all of the tracks first, manually or using the album list...

this essentially breaks the functionality of the facets plugin.
it also causes the shuffle function and the playback cursor under certain conditions.

its like someone took a hammer and smashed my favorite radio, punting "here, i fixed it for you"

Reply #1
unless i include the root of that folder instead (eg e:\music doesnt work, but e:\ includes all songs found on that drive including those in the music folder)

that's certainly not normal. i'd close foobar and try deleting database.dat from your %appdata%\foobar2000 folder.

start foobar and see what happens.

if that fails then i guess you could try deleting core.cfg from the configuration subfolder (make a backup first). obviously doing this would cause all other main foobar preferences to be lost but if sorts the problem then i guess the original file must have got corrupted or something???

Reply #2
I'm using foobar2000 1.1.18 and facets and having no issues.  (I didn't have issues with 1.1.16 or .17 either).

Reply #3
Recently I began to have a problem with facets too. If I add new music files in my library folder, it does not show up in the Artist column. It will only show up if I add a "Album Artist" tag. And after that, it stays there in the library even if I remove the Album Artist tag. Strange...

Reply #4
Recently I began to have a problem with facets too. If I add new music files in my library folder, it does not show up in the Artist column. It will only show up if I add a "Album Artist" tag. And after that, it stays there in the library even if I remove the Album Artist tag. Strange...

I'm not seeing that problem. Just added some new mp3 files this morning. Only ARTST (no album artist).  Picked up automatically and in facets artist shows up in artist column (and this was a new artist, so I didn't have any other albums there by this artist before adding).

Reply #5
deleting database.dat solved the album list problem, thank you marc3000

the problems with facets and the playback cursor persist though

when i unload tracks from the playlist, they disappear from the facets 'tree'

selecting groups in shuffle mode just plays the first song from that group and then shuffles through all loaded songs again

Reply #6
Facets has a "Source" toolbar where you select either Library or Playlist, did you check that?

Facets works entirely as intended in foobar2000 1.1.18

Reply #7
Facets has a "Source" toolbar where you select either Library or Playlist, did you check that?

Facets works entirely as intended in foobar2000 1.1.18

omg tanx a bunch neothe0ne, that's the one

i disabled that toolbar item when i made the layout and forgot about it

too bad so much of the foobar project is closed source, i would love to get a build with all that bloat removed according to my usage