Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: is it possible to listen to AMR files with foobar2000? (Read 23935 times) previous topic - next topic

is it possible to listen to AMR files with foobar2000?

I'd like to know if it's possible to listen to those cellphone recorded files that have the extension AMR with foobar2000.

If the answer is no, what do you suggest to listen them at my computer?

Reply #2
Thanks for the link, but I'd still like to be able to listen AMR in Foobar2000 directly, with tags. The worst is having to wait, and having to re-compress to another format to have something practical consedering its size.

if there's someone with skills, I'll be glad to have that plugin

Reply #3
If the answer is no, what do you suggest to listen them at my computer?
I think I have listened to amrs with mplayer. Try this handy mplayer GUI, MPUI

Or maybe the other omniplayer, VLC, has added support for amrs?

Reply #4
oh, even Media Player Classic plays AMR files! Thanks for the suggestion Demetris.

I'd still like to listem them with foobar though

Reply #5
Since "Mobile AMRconverter" needed a lot of clicking to get it going, I repacked the converter.exe with lame.exe and made another program that converts to MP3 with just a right-click. 

You can get it here

Reply #7
Since "Mobile AMRconverter" needed a lot of clicking to get it going, I repacked the converter.exe with lame.exe and made another program that converts to MP3 with just a right-click.

mai9,

thank you for your AMR Converter.

Could a future version be capable of converting amr into wav also? Or am I allowed to replace the "lame.exe" with a "wav-converter.exe" (I don't know which one to use then) by myself?

My audio editor can't open amr-files but working with lossy mp3's would result in a reduced audio quality when saving them after editing. This could become critical because of the poor sound quality of the amr-format itself.

Robertina.

This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #9
No works for me: Unable to open item for playback (Seek offset out of range): AudioNote-2010-34-08_143407.amr. Audiorecord from mobile. VLC and WM player replays its good. Tested on Foobar 1.1 abd 1.1.1.

Re: is it possible to listen to AMR files with foobar2000?

Reply #10
I tested this plugin and I noticed an interesting error. So, when seeking through such a file, there are some strange sounds, like framing. I reported this to the component developer. And if someone know about any other AMR plugin, I would be grateful for linking.

Reply #11
You can use foo_input_ffmpeg to play amr files.

Reply #12
Hello,
i found good component for foobar, which plays amr files without strange noises when seeking. It is in upload fb2k forum.