Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo freezes my computer (Read 1644 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo freezes my computer

I use Windows 7 SP1 32-bit. My Foobar is up to date and the online troubleshooter doesn't report any problematic components.

Yet it freezes my system in a split second and at complete random. Everything stops responding, including the mouse cursor. The sound glitches like crazy for a few seconds and stops. The only solution is pressing reset. It's not even that I'm doing anything with the program itself, it's in the background playing music.

What the hell is going on?

Foo freezes my computer

Reply #1
I use Windows 7 SP1 32-bit. My Foobar is up to date and the online troubleshooter doesn't report any problematic components.

Yet it freezes my system in a split second and at complete random. Everything stops responding, including the mouse cursor. The sound glitches like crazy for a few seconds and stops. The only solution is pressing reset. It's not even that I'm doing anything with the program itself, it's in the background playing music.

What the hell is going on?

Waaay back in the day, I had something like this happen with foobar2000, StarCraft or WarCraft III (can't remember which), Creative Audigy 2, and Windows XP.

Can't say I could guess what's going on on your end.  It's in the background playing music, what other programs are you running then?

Foo freezes my computer

Reply #2
Nothing out of the ordinary. Comodo Internet Security, Microsoft Security Essentials, sometimes Truecrypt, BSPlayer and others.

Could certain codecs cause this or is Foobar independent to them?