Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Aeon visualization (Read 9014 times) previous topic - next topic

Aeon visualization

This has probably been answered a dozen times, but I can't find the answer. I want to add the visualization plug-in "Aeon" from SoundSpectrum to Foobar. It works fine in (ugh) Windows Media Center, but I can't see how to add it into foobar. I am running 1.1.11 currently, but while I've used foobar for years, have never fooled around with plug-ins before. My guess is it's something simple I'm overlooking, but what little I've found on adjusting skins and what=-not seem either overcomplicated or on older versions that I can't find equivalent screens for.

Anyong able to help? Anyone else running SoundSpectrum products?

Thanks,
Bob

Aeon visualization

Reply #1
As far as I know the only visualization component that roughly matches what you're looking for is this

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_vis_shpeck

which essentially acts as a container/wrapper for Winamp visualizations (AVS) in foobar.  In all likelihood someone would need to craft a 3rd party component for these soundspectrum visualizations to work in foobar (since they appear to be proprietary this may be a tall order).

edit: grammar

Aeon visualization

Reply #2
Hmmm.... little frustrating. The software has the ability to plug into other programs such as WinAmp (which I don't like due to limits on their library folder function or lack thereof), Windows Media, etc. I thought foobar allowed one to attach plugins.Guess I'll continue my search for the perfect player - foobars visualizations are uuuugly.

Aeon visualization

Reply #3
I thought foobar allowed one to attach plugins.

There is no such thing as a generic plugin. A component built for WMP is not going to work in another player. That's why you need things like shpeck to serve as an adapter.

foobars visualizations are uuuugly.

The spectrograph looks fine to me

Foobar has many, many components, but there's never been a focus on visualization or special looks, as the foobar community at large considers them pointless (exceptions granted. There's still a reason shpeck exists).

Guess I'll continue my search for the perfect player

Good luck. Perfect players are as much a myth as generic plugins.

Aeon visualization

Reply #4
That looks like a pretty cool vis.  I used to use G-Force and actually paid for a couple years' worth of licensing, when I used Quintessential.  I have a vague memory of the SoundSpectrum dev announcing that there would be no foobar support, but you could always try asking on their forums.

FWIW, shpeck + milkdrop 2.xx is pretty awesome, although I don't recognize any of the 3D goodness that Aeon appears to provide.

Aeon visualization

Reply #5
That looks like a pretty cool vis.  I used to use G-Force and actually paid for a couple years' worth of licensing, when I used Quintessential.  I have a vague memory of the SoundSpectrum dev announcing that there would be no foobar support, but you could always try asking on their forums.

FWIW, shpeck + milkdrop 2.xx is pretty awesome, although I don't recognize any of the 3D goodness that Aeon appears to provide.

I d/l'ed shpeck but couldn't get the combo to work. Aeon is pretty cool. It has a standalone that supposedly works when the recording device is set right, but on trying that, I find it to be tempermental at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it echoes, sometimes it feeds back, and sometimes it just sits there. From seeing other people do this to get output simultaneously on HDMI and PC speakers, many people have similar issues.

I've loked at a bunch of other players, but foobar is still by far the easiest to use - which is why I've used it for years. Just wish it was a little more attractive and/or easier to customize . I just don't have the time to invest in playing around with skins and the like, as I used to.

Thanks

Bob