Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_continuator (Read 270839 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #125
No bugs found. Completely satisfied with the current features. Waiting for the 0.9 SDK so that continuator can be compiled for 0.9.

:-)

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #126
Guys?

No bugs found?
No comments?
No suggestions?
Speechless regarding the extraordinary features and outstanding stability?

Or busy testing 0.9?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317801"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes
No bugs found
&
Speechless regarding the extraordinary features and outstanding stability

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #127
Guys?

No bugs found?
No comments?
No suggestions?
Speechless regarding the extraordinary features and outstanding stability?

It's working great, Cap. Just how I like it. 

Cheers,
C

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #128
Hello,
I’m a french user
I use foo_dsp_continuator & channel_mixer, i have no problem with one or other separately. But with 2 together, after 1 or 2 song, the begin of next is with a delay, like a chorus, i have multiple departure of song. I have to stop and restart until the next bug.

After few more test, without channel_mixer i already have the bug.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #129
Hello,
I’m a french user
I use foo_dsp_continuator & channel_mixer, i have no problem with one or other separately. But with 2 together, after 1 or 2 song, the begin of next is with a delay, like a chorus, i have multiple departure of song. I have to stop and restart until the next bug.

After few more test, without channel_mixer i already have the bug.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317845"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have this exact same problem.  The song will have a delay, but when the song is restart it's gone and it plays normally.  Since I've disabled continuator (but kept channel_mixer on) I haven't experienced this problem again.

EDIT: Turns out I was using an older version.  I've updated, now I'll see if the problem persists or if it's been fixed...

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #130
CptFooture: same here. Speechless, works without bugs, and no feature requests so far...

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #131
Wow, this plugin has come a long way.  Is it possible to add a 'Fade on Stop', 'Fade on Seek' and 'Fade on Track Skip' like there is in the SQR crossfader for Winamp?  If that happens, it looks like I'll finally get to use Continuator for my live gigs.  Many thanks.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #132
Wow, this plugin has come a long way.  Is it possible to add a 'Fade on Stop', 'Fade on Seek' and 'Fade on Track Skip' like there is in the SQR crossfader for Winamp?  If that happens, it looks like I'll finally get to use Continuator for my live gigs.  Many thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318038"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, this is not the job of a DSP. What you are looking for is a modified output-plugin which does this. For foobar 0.8, such a plugin does exist (directsound 2.5/extended). For 0.9beta, there is no such plugin yet.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #133
For 0.9beta, there is no such plugin yet.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318049"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The output in 0.9 uses fading in the mentioned situations, though the fade length is rather short and not configurable.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #134
Just in case anyone cares I updated to the latest version of continuator and I'm still getting that strange echo bug.  Any ideas?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #135
Just in case anyone cares I updated to the latest version of continuator and I'm still getting that strange echo bug.  Any ideas?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318123"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,
i can't reproduce this behavior. Can you give a more detailed description of your setup?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #136
I'd like the following feature.
If somebody wants to crossfade some tracks in his playlist he would add something like crossfade://crossfade=2000 betwean this two tracks.
If he want to prevent two tracks from crossfading he adds crossfade://nocrossfade betwean this two tracks.
The dsp component will look for the next track in the playlist and if this is crossfade it would change the component behaviour. Otherwise the behaviour would remain default. Is it possible for dsp component to behave as described in fb2k v0.8 or v0.9?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #138
No, DSPs have nothing to do with the playlist.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=318989"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Anyway storeing this info in s playlist is the right way...

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #139
Doesn't crossfade here. I looked at the settings & adjusted them, but still no crossfade. Am I doing anything wrong?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #140
No bugs found?

Actually, I somehow managed to crash it 2 times at work. Gotta have a look if I still have the crash logs on monday...

No comments?
No suggestions?

Actually, a bit of basic documentation for the settings would be handy; just setting the mode to crossfade and setting the crossfade length doesn't really seem to work - does one have to change the fade-lengths accordingly, or what am I missing? How are the length settings linked together?

What do the checkboxes do exactly, and what size should the buffer size be? As big as the set crossfade time? Or can it be any value?

HEEELP!
np: 4'33"

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #141
Hey Cpt. footure. Theres a CPU problem.

It seems like the latest version turns out to be a cpu hog. I admit I have a slow Computer (Intel PIII/500/384MB/a fresh!W2Ksp4) but anyway: When double clicking a track, foobar cpu load jumps up to 80%. The mouse is "stuttering" then for a second or two. Without the continuator loaded, fb2k cpu load does only jump to 20-30% when changing track.

My settings:

Mode: Overlap
Buffer: 3000 ms
Threshold: 20

Fade out: S-curve ---
  • only when audio
    Length: 8000
    Steepness: 0,5
    Fade in: S-curve
    Length: 2000
    Steepness: 0,5

• Empty buffer up to...
  • Disable track overlapping...
    [ ]  Adjust...

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #142
Hi guys,

i've uploaded continuator version 0.3.6, which should fix the fade-in-out-despite-seamless-transition-detected bug. Unfortunately i had to disable fade-out if seamless transitions shall be detected, because the fade-out has to happen before a decision about a seamless transition could be made.

bye

ps: The controls on the settings page already moved a little downwards to make some space for the presets feature, which is not ready yet.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #143
Cpt. Footure,

EDIT: <snipped bug report, it does not work seemless if gap killer is above it in the dsp chain...>

It works fine now. The bug with seemless transition seems to be fixed. Will fade out be available again (when seemless trans is checked)?

EDIT2: Theres something wrong. When the plugins power switch is turned on, it does not play seemless, but it does fade. When power is turned off, the plugin still works (I can see this because if I change the buffer size, the playlist jumps to the next track exactly at the buffer time) and the tracks play with seemless transition.

I get confused.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #144
I'm not sure if that's what you asked for, but fade-out is *only* disabled when 'Disable track overlapping...' is checked (as indicated by the greyed-out controls).

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #145
Cpt. Footure, did you read my edited post again? The plugin seems pretty buggy.

I'm not sure if that's what you asked for, but fade-out is *only* disabled when 'Disable track overlapping...' is checked (as indicated by the greyed-out controls).

Yes. BUT: This checkbox makes much sense (it's useless to fade withiin a live album e.g.) so it's probably mostly turned on. So but if it is checked and the plugin does not detect seemless transition, it will not fade out. A loss of functionality....

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #146
So but if it is checked and the plugin does not detect seemless transition, it will not fade out. A loss of functionality....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=327550"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unfortunately i had to disable fade-out if seamless transitions shall be detected, because the fade-out has to happen before a decision about a seamless transition could be made.

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #147
Thx Lyx for the quote. But as the plugin pre-reads according to its buffer settings, what does prevent it from deciding from the original material and then performing its fading/not fading action?

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #148
This appears to be a most powerful and felixible component for foobar. I am a recent convert from Winamp. It's cool to see something so powerful also be so supported- If more developers were like Cpt. Footure, there'd be a lot more killer software out there.

I promise I am not an idiot!

But for the life of me, I cannot get the continuator to crossfade. Crossfade implies that two songs are playing at once, as one ends and the next begins, correct?

Is there any documentation for this?

Are there presets available, or a list of "working" settings so I can test it out?

I have been testing with different continuator settings and a bunch of different mp3's for over an hour- I actually had it fading out at one point (can't figure out how to get back to that point) but still never got it to crossfade.

Any help would really be appreciated!

foo_dsp_continuator

Reply #149
This appears to be a most powerful and felixible component for foobar. I am a recent convert from Winamp. It's cool to see something so powerful also be so supported- If more developers were like Cpt. Footure, there'd be a lot more killer software out there.

I promise I am not an idiot!

But for the life of me, I cannot get the continuator to crossfade. Crossfade implies that two songs are playing at once, as one ends and the next begins, correct?

Is there any documentation for this?

Are there presets available, or a list of "working" settings so I can test it out?

I have been testing with different continuator settings and a bunch of different mp3's for over an hour- I actually had it fading out at one point (can't figure out how to get back to that point) but still never got it to crossfade.
I'm somehow in the same position, with perhaps the exception that I'm really newbie at this (maybe continuator is too advanced for me?). So I second McPhatty's requests: a guide for dummies and some example configs.

Alessandro

PS: forgot to mention: also some notes about correct DSP chain and how replaygain affects continuator behaviour.