Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer) (Read 533696 times) previous topic - next topic

Channel Mixer (foo_channel_mixer)

Reply #150
another question: playing the sample from this thread http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9772 doesn't produce any artifacts on my audiotrak prodigy 7.1lt if i disable all dsps. if i enable channel mixer, i get this weird sound only in the rear speakers. does this hint to a problem with your plugin or is it a conceptual phenomenon which i just have to live with?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351827"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope, you has not burnt out  your tweeters... This piece of s...ound overloads amplifiers and speakers on ultrahigh frequencies and then while you does not hear anything your equipment is going to a garbage collector...
My English is very good!
...in comparison with my Korean language...

Reply #151
Lately while listen to music online foobar stops playing music and then about 5secs. later if I do not close foobar it will freeze my computer since foobar starts using 100% cpu usage. And its so bad you can not even open task manager to close it.

Not sure if its this plugin or foo_out_dsound_ex2.
God Bless U.S.A

Reply #152
If you can reproduce this behaviour, try to decrease priority of playback thread (Preferences -> Playback: Playback thread priority) to prevent freezing, and then locate exact place of problem code using SysInternals Process Explorer.
My English is very good!

Reply #153
Lately while listen to music online foobar stops playing music and then about 5secs. later if I do not close foobar it will freeze my computer since foobar starts using 100% cpu usage. And its so bad you can not even open task manager to close it.

Not sure if its this plugin or foo_out_dsound_ex2.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355928"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you tried deactivating channel_mixer or using another output plugin or both? If the problem persists, it is unlikely any of these two is the culprit.

Reply #154
Well, I will try that skipyrich.

Gecho, yeah I tried deactivating and no longer happens so must be the plugin sadly. Been listen for 38min and still no crash so.

Well going to sleep. Have school in a few hours.

Will try again later.

7C90EB94  ret 

Well ok damn it crashed again evenwithout plugin so guess thats not it after all.

Trid doing like you said but no luck. Could not even even bring the window up since it locks winxp up so bad.

Well I've given up trying to figure it out.

Switching back to winamp until foobar .9 goes RTM.
God Bless U.S.A

Reply #155
Hello.. again.
Skipyrich.. nice work.. many thanks..
I want to ask you to do something that might be sounding weird.
Here's the situation: I'm using a USB soundcard (particularly Audiotrak Maya EX7): that's a 7.1 channel USB soundcard. When I use your plugin I lose the control of volume; setting "mute" from the Windows sound card volume has no effect either.
Your plugin gives the possibility of modifying the volume for rear, center and subwoofer; they work great. I wish there would be a "front" volume control too.
One other thing: I'm using a modified Win98SE.
I'm waiting for your kind fix 

Reply #156
Hello

I have a 2.1 stereo + subwoofer system, and my sources are stereo.

How to configure channel mixer to redirect the bass part of stereo sources on my second stereo output?

Reply #157
Here's the situation: I'm using a USB soundcard (particularly Audiotrak Maya EX7): that's a 7.1 channel USB soundcard. When I use your plugin I lose the control of volume; setting "mute" from the Windows sound card volume has no effect either.
Your plugin gives the possibility of modifying the volume for rear, center and subwoofer; they work great. I wish there would be a "front" volume control too.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can use standard DSP Volume Control... 
My English is very good!

Reply #158
Hello

I have a 2.1 stereo + subwoofer system, and my sources are stereo.

How to configure channel mixer to redirect the bass part of stereo sources on my second stereo output?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358299"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you can't do this with foobar at all...
My English is very good!

Reply #159
Just wanted to say this is a great plugin.

I had 2 questions about the channel mixing.

First,  you said in the 1st post that the delay on the rear channels is 1-40 ms.  Why the variance?

Second,  how do you get the center channel?  Is it possible to take more of the mono dialog out of the left and right channels and send it just to the center?

Thanks again,  Rock on.

Reply #160
First,  you said in the 1st post that the delay on the rear channels is 1-40 ms.  Why the variance?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360247"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just I did not update the description of the plugin for a long time...
You can adjust delay for any channel by 0-100ms.

Second,  how do you get the center channel?   Is it possible to take more of the mono dialog out of the left and right channels and send it just to the center?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=360247"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The center channel is simply the sum of the side channels. With the current method of the surround upmix it is impossible to separate channels exactly. Take look at ATSurround plugin that use another method of upmix.
My English is very good!

Reply #161
Thanks for the info and the quick response

Reply #162
What about surround sound effect in comparison with DPLII?

Reply #163
Forgive for a delay, the computer was inaccessible to me for a month.

What about surround sound effect in comparison with DPLII?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364586"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did not compare these methods.
My English is very good!

Reply #164
Are we going to see support for 0.9 ? pweese

Reply #165
SDK use vs2005 as development platform. I'm trying to convert its projects to vs2003 by hands...
My English is very good!

Reply #166
Neat, got an ETA?

(we're so demanding :] )
hi

Reply #167
Neat, got an ETA?

(we're so demanding :] )[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=42597&st=0&p=372570&#]vs2003 can't compile the new SDK[/url] therefore I need vs2005. I don't know when I'll get it... If vs2005 Express can compile SDK and WTL, results will be on the next week...
My English is very good!

Reply #168
I think you can get a version of it from microsoft free.

Or there's warez.
hi

Reply #169
I think you can get a version of it from microsoft free.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

fetching VC.iso: 3% done, 35 hours left
My English is very good!

Reply #170
Hello!

First of all, thank you so much for this wonderful plugin!

Due to my audio-speaker system i need a plugin that

1) either simply adds the LFE signal to the FR and FL channels
2) or redirects the low-frequency part of the FR and FL channels to the LFE channel

The channel-mixer plugin should be able to do that, but during my tests, i experienced the following problems:

To solve problem 1) i tried the following: set output channels to 5, activate downmix. As a result, the LFE channel really is added to the other speakers, BUT the rear-right channel remains dead! I tested it on different 5.1 sources and it always remained silent. Without downmix, the RR speaker works correctly.

To manage problem 2) i tried: set output channels to 6, use subwoofer, send to subwoofer from 5.1 sources: all channels, bass redirection: full redirection. Now the low-frequency part really is redirected from the front speakers to the subwoofer BUT the LFE channel is missing. It seems that the option "all channels" doesn't include the LFE channel, is this correct?

So, unfortunately, both problems cannot be solved with the cannel-mixer, or did i make a mistake  ? Help would really be appreciated 

Thank's a lot!
Dalen

Reply #171
1) either simply adds the LFE signal to the FR and FL channels
2) or redirects the low-frequency part of the FR and FL channels to the LFE channel[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375384"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your report. I'll try to solve these problems while porting the plugin to the new SDK.
My English is very good!

Reply #172
[deleted]

Reply #173
Hello skipyrich.  I sent you an e-mail before I noticed the updates to your thread here.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I sent you the answer, but the server has reported, that the address is incorrect.

I have three requests, but nothing too important in the long run.  I mainly use your plugin for channel delay and not much else, so I'll be happy with just that. =) 

1) Would you be able to update your plugin to work with the full 18 set of channels (TFL/TFC/TFR/FL/FLC/FC/FCR/FR/TC/SL/LFR/SR/TBL/TBC/TBR/BL/BC/BR)?  This would be the most fantastic as you could properly calibrate all possible speakers in room with proper delays.  I don't have that many ouputs just yet myself, but in the future, doing so will become much easier.  The support is there, and being able to go from 5.1 -> higher configurations would be not only unique, but a highly sought after option, even if you only allow duplicating certain channels onto others or mapping them around.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe, it is idea for the new plugin, that will simply dub the existing channels, since no algorithms that could allow to scatter a stereosignal onto 18 channels.

2) Per-channel attenuation/volume reduction, for the situation where you have speakers of differing sensitivity used on an amplifer that does not offer such controls (or when combining different amplifiers).  This is all rather unnecessary, but it could save some cheap bastard such as myself some money. ;^)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That possibility requires new design of plugin, maybe in Channel Mixer 3.0

3) Provide an option to matrix downmix/convert multi-channel audio to 2-channel using DPL/DPLII  ... Some DPLII encoding source was recently made available someplace as well.  Doom9 forumes possibly?  I believe that the AC3Filter code provides such as well.  The idea here is that you could use the channel mixer when either burning (outputting to 2-ch WAV or foo_burninat'ing) so the CD would have multichannel data when played back on a DPLII enabled system or player.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Neither sources, nor algorithms of DPLII is available. AC3Filter: "DPLII support is only experimental because of lack of reliable information."
Anyway, I don't like FFT filtering, that required to software DPLII. Try ATSurround instead.
My English is very good!

Reply #174
[deleted]