Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is this click? (Read 1931 times) previous topic - next topic

What is this click?

I noticed that in a recording made with my Fast Track Ultra 8R soundcard and a pencil condenser microphone sometimes can be heard a faint click  sound. Is it caused by the driver or the soundcard? Is it a audio drop-out? Is it produced by the microphone?

Here is the link to the audio clip (normalized to -1dB)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0qonMf5l09l

What is this click?

Reply #1
Microphone issues.  Try a different a microphone and see if it goes away.  Unlikely from what it sounds like but it's worth a try.

Driver issues.  Try getting more update to date drivers from the manufacturer of your device.

Hardware conflicts, this can be a tedious one to solve, I recommend doing a few searches to see what you can find on resolving that.

Configuration issues, try changing various settings to see if that helps anything.

Application issues as in a certain programs have compatibility issues with your device or even the operating system you're using.  Yes, I've had that happen to me before.

Possible interference from another device or radio waves in your area having an effect on it.

Defective device, exchange it for a different one.

Poorly made hardware in general if nothing else works.

What is this click?

Reply #2
Thank you for the answer, could it be a buffer size issue? Here is a graphical representation of the click waveform:

Click Waveform

It doesn't look like some samples are missing...