Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advice on computer audio system (Read 2039 times) previous topic - next topic

Advice on computer audio system

I'm looking to get something good for my computer desk. I listen to music a lot, at least an hour of active listening per day, and i sporadically play around with writing electronic music. I use a pair of MDR-V6's and i love them, so much that i god rid of my 5.1 system since i liked the sound of the headphones so much more, but now i miss having speakers.

So now i'm looking for something better than the creative 5.1 g500 i had. I'd like a natural flat response curve, but then also i like big bass and i cannot lie. 50hz wont do, i want at least 30hz

My room is about 4x3m or 13x10 feet small. I don't wanna spend more than 700$, preferably less, but i want something that will not make me switch back to headphones all the time. Are there regular computer speakers that will sound as good as my headphones? Or should i get some kind of studio monitors? Is a subwoofer a must if i want 30hz?

Reply #1
I'm looking to get something good for my computer desk. I listen to music a lot, at least an hour of active listening per day, and i sporadically play around with writing electronic music. I use a pair of MDR-V6's and i love them, so much that i god rid of my 5.1 system since i liked the sound of the headphones so much more, but now i miss having speakers.

So now i'm looking for something better than the creative 5.1 g500 i had. I'd like a natural flat response curve, but then also i like big bass and i cannot lie. 50hz wont do, i want at least 30hz

My room is about 4x3m or 13x10 feet small. I don't wanna spend more than 700$, preferably less, but i want something that will not make me switch back to headphones all the time. Are there regular computer speakers that will sound as good as my headphones? Or should i get some kind of studio monitors? Is a subwoofer a must if i want 30hz?

look at the audioengine A2+ or audioengine A5+

Reply #2
look at the audioengine A2+ or audioengine A5+

Thanks for the quick response. The A5+ look pretty good as far as i can tell. I presume i'll have to get a sub for the lower frequencies. Maybe i could get the A5+ together with an Audioengine S8 subwoofer?