Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Through Rear Channel of Surround Card? (Read 2895 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Through Rear Channel of Surround Card?

Hey guys,

Currently I have a 7.1 Surround Sound card in my computer (AC'97, internal). I have it set to quadraphonic mode, with the front output and rear output each going to one channel of my mixer. It's set up in this way so that VirtualDJ can split the outputs for use with my mixer. However, I was wondering if there was any lightweight way to play audio files through just the rear output of my sound card, while letting my front output play sound for applications I have running.

I would really appreciate a response. Currently, I have to either use a second dedicated sound card (which I don't like) or I have to use an external player to stream through that channel, which isn't very flexible.

Thanks,
Nav

Playback Through Rear Channel of Surround Card?

Reply #1
You could try with ASIO and WDM/KS compatible playback software which allows you to set output channels (NI TRAKTOR SYNC BeatPort and Player (google), maybe Foobar + asio out DSP plug-in).

Another way to go is VAC (virtual audio cable) but, it costs as much as low budged sound card would cost.

Juha