Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question about low-lantency (Read 4984 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about low-lantency

Hello!
      I have downloaded the low-lantency ,while i set the blocksize=2000, and sub-blocksize=32 ,

i think the encoder will run like this :  first  compress 2000 /frame and then  32 /frame;

---------------------------------------------  but the fact is ,  it still need to pack 2000 / frame.
      |  2000      |  32  | 32  | 32  |.......   
---------------------------------------------  am i misunderstanding it?   

And  the command is    "-b320 --blocksize=2000 --sub-blocks=32  1.wav 1.wv"

Reply #1
Yes, you are misunderstanding it a little. The parameters that you are using will create blocks with 64000 samples per block (2000 * 32)! However, the encoder will compress 2000 samples at a time and provide those to the application, so the effective latency is 2000 samples. Every 64000 samples (32 of these “sub blocks”) the encoder will terminate the large “super block” and start over.

I suspect that is not what you want, because even the regular encoder is efficient with 2000 samples per block. If you want the sample latency to be 32 samples, try --blocksize=32 and --sub-blocks=32. This will process the samples 32 at a time, and every 1024 samples will start a new “super block”.

Hope this makes more sense... 

Reply #2
Yes, you are misunderstanding it a little. The parameters that you are using will create blocks with 64000 samples per block (2000 * 32)! However, the encoder will compress 2000 samples at a time and provide those to the application, so the effective latency is 2000 samples. Every 64000 samples (32 of these “sub blocks”) the encoder will terminate the large “super block” and start over.

I suspect that is not what you want, because even the regular encoder is efficient with 2000 samples per block. If you want the sample latency to be 32 samples, try --blocksize=32 and --sub-blocks=32. This will process the samples 32 at a time, and every 1024 samples will start a new “super block”.

Hope this makes more sense... 

O i see, Thanks very much !  It would really help a lot.