Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 807188 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #175
is it possible to display 2 wavebars at once for 2 files, in order to compare them to each other?

No. At least not currently. Maybe when I get around implementing displaying the selected song I can implement a setting to not track the currently playing one.

that would be supercool, esp. when dealing with timed audios where you want to compare if the silence parts are identical between 2 files at the same time index.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #176
GREAT component, thx a lot!!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #177
Preview of how one can load and use textures (in good and bad ways). (Thumbnails with links to make 2E7AH happy.)

Use cases range from a nice background image to a fancy position indicator to a custom gradient for the interior. The sky (and competence) is the limit!
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #178
I think I found a bug: When I switch between two layouts (CUI), both having a wave seekbar, fb2k sometimes - but not always - crashes, pointing the problem to wave seekbar.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #179
There seems to be some lovely crashes with 0.1.8, it's likely due to my main thread callbacks.
It seems to happen mostly with CUI, but some DUI ones do occur.

0.1.9 most probably fixes it.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #180
Thank you for 0.1.9. I really like this component.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #181
hi,can the foo+wave_seekbar work with FX5200? I tried it ,but it doesn't work

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #182

It should run, assuming that you have reasonably decent drivers and the August 2009 runtime.
What errors/warnings do you get, and what "doesn't work"?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #183
Preview of how one can load and use textures (in good and bad ways). (Thumbnails with links to make 2E7AH happy.)

Use cases range from a nice background image to a fancy position indicator to a custom gradient for the interior. The sky (and competence) is the limit!

nice!

for those who don't know how, you have to place a picture for the texture in the "effects" folder, and then you have to edit the following lines in seekbar.fx (with notepad)

(line 2)
Code: [Select]
Texture2D bgTex < string ResourceName = "074.jpg"; >;

replacing "074.jpg" with the filename of the texture you want as background (that you placed in the "effects" folder)

and then

(line 102)
#if 1

changing it to
#if 0

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #184
In windows xp I can use 3 modes of frontend - GDI, Direct2D 1.0 and Direct3D 9.0c.

I change my os to windows 7, and now I can use only 2 modes of frontend - GDI, Direct2D 1.0. If I change mode to Direct3D 9.0c then panel wave_seekbar  ifs freeze.

Why?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #185
In windows xp I can use 3 modes of frontend - GDI, Direct2D 1.0 and Direct3D 9.0c.

I change my os to windows 7, and now I can use only 2 modes of frontend - GDI, Direct2D 1.0. If I change mode to Direct3D 9.0c then panel wave_seekbar  ifs freeze.

Why?

With what video card, do you have the August 2009 DirectX runtime installed, do you have video drivers installed, do you get anything in the console, does it crash properly, does it stop responding, does it just not repaint, did you submit a crash report, etc.?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #186
I've added a wave_seekbar to a DarkOne theme for a ColumnsUI, but there is a little problem: thin white border on left and top sides of seekbar:

[a href="http://alexey.shuksto.name/data/uploads/fb2k/foo_wave_seekbar_bg_border_bug.png" target="_blank"]

Can this issue be resolved via shader code editing?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #187
I don't have the option for Direct3D, just Direct2D and GDI. I use windows 7 64 bits and have a nvidia GT220M graphics card with the latest drivers. What could be wrong?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #188
I've added a wave_seekbar to a DarkOne theme for a ColumnsUI, but there is a little problem: thin white border on left and top sides of seekbar:

Try adding float2(dx, dy) from the texture coordinates used to sample the texture. This is the usual half-pixel offset problem of Direct3D9. I'm so used to 10, I keep forgetting that it exists - see Understanding half-pixel and half-texel offsets.

I don't have the option for Direct3D, just Direct2D and GDI. I use windows 7 64 bits and have a nvidia GT220M graphics card with the latest drivers. What could be wrong?

Ensure as per the original post and countless others, that you have installed the DirectX August 2009 Redistributable.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #189
Try adding float2(dx, dy) from the texture coordinates used to sample the texture.

Either I do not understand what values to use, or i do not understand where to add them -- i can perfectly well mess texture itself (mirror it or shift it) but i cannot move it.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #190
Everything loads fine, but the Waveform Seekbar shows nothing than white space? Seeking works though. (Win XP SP3, Radeon 9550)
As of version 0.1.9 console prints:
Seekbar: taking Direct3D9 path.
Wave seekbar: Direct3D9: Could not load annotation texture 074.jpg
Wave seekbar: Direct3D9: Could not load annotation texture seekbar.png
Seekbar: Frontend initialized.
Wave seekbar: Direct3D9: Could not load annotation texture 074.jpg
Wave seekbar: Direct3D9: Could not load annotation texture seekbar.png

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #191
Everything loads fine, but the Waveform Seekbar shows nothing than white space? Seeking works though. (Win XP SP3, Radeon 9550)
*snip*

Your issue still makes no sense, so I haven't investigated that further.
The spam is unrelated and will be gone with 0.1.10. Does the GDI mode work?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #192
(Thumbnails with links to make 2E7AH happy.)

eh thanks  it's not that hard
and you made them as a gentleman - with direct link + optimized png

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #193
Either I do not understand what values to use, or i do not understand where to add them -- i can perfectly well mess texture itself (mirror it or shift it) but i cannot move it.

The problem was not with sampling the texture, it was with the coordinates of my full-window quad, which were shifted half a pixel shifted to the right/down, causing the border you saw.
It will be fixed in 0.1.11 when I get around collecting enough fixes for it. Until then, change
output.pos = float4(input.pos, 0, 1);
in VS() to
float2 half_pixel = float2(1,-1) / viewportSize;
output.pos = float4(input.pos - half_pixel, 0, 1);
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #194

It should run, assuming that you have reasonably decent drivers and the August 2009 runtime.
What errors/warnings do you get, and what "doesn't work"?

on my pc,the error with FX5200 is
"Failed to load DLL: foo_wave_seekbar.dll
Reason: ?????????  " 
and ,i have installed the August 2009 runtime

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #195
@cc_bbs:
I can only imagine that LoadLibrary fails with error ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND (127) is that dll files in your system are messed up (Wrong dll version number? Mixed newer and older dll files but older dlls are loadded first?)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #196
*snip*
Your issue still makes no sense, so I haven't investigated that further.
The spam is unrelated and will be gone with 0.1.10. Does the GDI mode work?
I see, just mentioned it, because the console message was introduced in this version. GDI mode works fine.
D3D might work in a forthcoming version for me. Thanks for your effort, nice component.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #197
Big thanks!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #198
@cc_bbs:
I can only imagine that LoadLibrary fails with error ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND (127) is that dll files in your system are messed up (Wrong dll version number? Mixed newer and older dll files but older dlls are loadded first?)

Would you like to tell me how to fix it ?thanks

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #199
Found new strange thing: without border with same gradient texture for background now i have two thin lines -- dark one at the top and light one at the bottom of seekbar:

Seems to me that top- and bottom pixels of texture are mirrored when component drawing a seekbar.