Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReplayGain value ignored (Read 1140 times) previous topic - next topic

ReplayGain value ignored

Hello. I am currently transcoding some FLAC files and noticed that the ReplayGain value is being ignored during playback and transcode. The FLAC files contain embedded cuesheet (single FLAC file per CD with embedded cuesheet within the VORBIS_COMMENT field). The cuesheet does not contain any ReplayGain values. Foobar version is 1.2.

If I use metaflac to scan and add ReplayGain to the FLAC file I see that it is added to the VORBIS_COMMENT field. However, Foobar does not appear to read the ReplayGain values when the FLAC file contains an embedded cuesheet; the parser seems to skip over the values. If I remove the embedded cuesheet leaving the ReplayGain values only then ReplayGain is applied. Also, if I use Foobar to scan the FLAC then it adds the ReplayGain values to the embedded cuesheet. This too works though I would prefer to use metaflac within my command line script and avoid modification of the cuesheet.

I guess the question is this behaviour expected, a bug in the parser or am I doing something wrong? To summarise, if the FLAC contains an embedded cuesheet then ReplayGain values within the VORBIS_COMMENT appear to be ignored unless the ReplayGain values are within the cuesheet itself.

ReplayGain value ignored

Reply #1
This is expected behaviour for files containing an embedded cuesheet.