Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_bookmark (Read 40316 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_bookmark

Reply #25
Aero
I'll look into making it resizable.

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uzbs/fb2...foo_history.zip

Thanks for the info (I plan to steal the Foobar service code from foo_history ).  I have resizing code from foo_uftS that I can reuse in foo_bookmark, so handling it should be pretty easy.

foo_bookmark

Reply #27
i'll wait patiently, just happy to be able to access so many shoutcast streams so very easily, without having to reload a menu like within winamp.  very nice work.  a couple feature requests/suggestions if possible in future versions

1. right-click context menu option to go to website URL found in streams within a playlist
2. to auto-highlight (cursor) any bookmark that has been activated into the playlist

thanks, onthejazz

ps if anyone wants a copy of a very well put together bookmark.bm file with current shoutcast streams (almost 100 @ high bandwith) organized by genre's (rock, 80's, funk, hip-hop, lots of dance/trance stations, ambient, classical, jazz & more) just pm or email me (onthejazz@attbi.com)

foo_bookmark

Reply #28
Why don't you post a link to it - I'd like to check it out.

foo_bookmark

Reply #29
.............ok, here is my current bookmark (.bm) file, a work in progress.  it is all up-to-date shoutcast streams, all high bandwith.

http://www.howlinmad.com/bm.zip

foo_bookmark

Reply #30
.............ok, here is my current bookmark (.bm) file, a work in progress.  it is all up-to-date shoutcast streams, all high bandwith.

http://www.howlinmad.com/bm.zip

Great, I'll check it out.

Brings up a possible change for foo_bookmark.

Ability to set the bookmark file instead of the bookmark folder.

Or

Support drag and drop for .bm files, the items are all added to the playlist, then I could check them out and turn around and add the ones I like back to my .bm file.

foo_bookmark

Reply #31
wow, that would be incredible, one can hope. 

foo_bookmark

Reply #32

I don't really want to do this.  I would rather have a single standard file (foobar.bm) and a fallback compatability file (winamp.bm).  If you start having more than one bookmark file, you basically just have playlists.  You can have multiple foobar.bm files, as long as they are in separate dirs.

Support drag and drop for .bm files, the items are all added to the playlist, then I could check them out and turn around and add the ones I like back to my .bm file.

I would expect the dropping a .bm file on foo_bookmark would append the contents of the file to the current bookmark file, not add them to the playlist.  The next version has multiselect and an "Add To Playlist" button.  So if you drop a .bm file on foo_bookmark, you will be able to select the new bookmarks, add them to the playlist, and delete them as needed.

foo_bookmark

Reply #33

I don't really want to do this.  I would rather have a single standard file (foobar.bm) and a fallback compatability file (winamp.bm).  If you start having more than one bookmark file, you basically just have playlists.  You can have multiple foobar.bm files, as long as they are in separate dirs.

I would expect the dropping a .bm file on foo_bookmark would append the contents of the file to the current bookmark file, not add them to the playlist.  The next version has multiselect and an "Add To Playlist" button.  So if you drop a .bm file on foo_bookmark, you will be able to select the new bookmarks, add them to the playlist, and delete them as needed.

I'm find with one .bm file.

On point 2 the reason I wanted the contents of the .bm to go into the playlist was so I could peruse the entries of .bm file B before any of the entries are added to my own .bm file.

FOr example, onthejazz posted one with 100+ stations.  I'd rather be able to put them in the playlist and listen to them and add the say, for argument, 5 or 10 I like to my bookmarks rather then have all 100 go into my bm file and have to weed them out.

Also did you plan to not use the LVS_REPORT style (1 column list).  When I added hundreds of items I noticed the list was scrolling horizontally which is a different list view style.  Just curious.

foo_bookmark

Reply #34
On point 2 the reason I wanted the contents of the .bm to go into the playlist was so I could peruse the entries of .bm file B before any of the entries are added to my own .bm file.

FOr example, onthejazz posted one with 100+ stations.  I'd rather be able to put them in the playlist and listen to them and add the say, for argument, 5 or 10 I like to my bookmarks rather then have all 100 go into my bm file and have to weed them out.

I'd say for this situation (which I assume would be fairly rare), the best way to handle it would be to copy the new 100+ bookmark file to a separate directory, and change your bookmark dir to that location.  Add all of the new bookmarks to the playlist, change your directory back to the original location, and use the Foobar context menu (in the upcoming version) or keyboard shortcut to add them to your permanent bookmarks.

Or, you could bookmark the same song several times, or bookmark something and change the description to "------------------", to serve as a separator between the permanent bookmark items and the new ones.  Then after you have weeded the list down, remove the pseudo separator.
Also did you plan to not use the LVS_REPORT style (1 column list).  When I added hundreds of items I noticed the list was scrolling horizontally which is a different list view style.  Just curious.

I thought I was using LVS_REPORT, but it turns out I'm using LVS_LIST instead.  I didn't notice, since I don't have 100+ bookmarks!  Thanks for pointing it out.

foo_bookmark

Reply #35

I'd say for this situation (which I assume would be fairly rare), the best way to handle it would be to copy the new 100+ bookmark file to a separate directory, and change your bookmark dir to that location.  Add all of the new bookmarks to the playlist, change your directory back to the original location, and use the Foobar context menu (in the upcoming version) or keyboard shortcut to add them to your permanent bookmarks.

Or, you could bookmark the same song several times, or bookmark something and change the description to "------------------", to serve as a separator between the permanent bookmark items and the new ones.  Then after you have weeded the list down, remove the pseudo separator.

I thought I was using LVS_REPORT, but it turns out I'm using LVS_LIST instead.  I didn't notice, since I don't have 100+ bookmarks!  Thanks for pointing it out.

OK, this is a moot point now because I just discovered I can rename a .bm file to .pls and drop it on foobar.  All the entries are added and the descriptions are "magically" ignored.  I can play them and add to my own bookmark file as needed.  I could prob. even associate .bm files with foobar and skip the renaming step.

foo_bookmark

Reply #37
foo_bookmark version 1.1 is now available.

I haven't had much time to work on this lately, but I thought I'd post the latest version since it has some good stuff in it, such as:

* Added a Foobar context menu item, so you can bookmark songs from the Foobar window.

* Instead of polling to watch for bookmark file changes, I'm now using DanZ's WANQer™ technology to automatically watch for file updates.

* Added an Add To Playlist button.

* The bookmark list is multiselect, so you can add/delete multiple bookmarks at a time.

* You can drag and drop .bm files on the foo_bookmark window.  This appends the bookmarks to the current bookmark list.

* The list is now a report view (vertical scrolling, instead of horizontal)

Still to do:
- Make foo_bookmark a service.
- Make the foo_bookmark window resizable.

foo_bookmark

Reply #38
when to make an attempt add bookmark from menu, system outgoing in BSOD  // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

foo_bookmark

Reply #39
good work Aero... should be an easy way to make a favourites style playlist so i dont have to listen to tracks i dont want... the context menu bookmarking works fine here... also very helpful... dont want to interrupt the all-important currently playing song just to add a bookmark

ok well thanks man see u later... looking forward to any improvements.

foo_bookmark

Reply #40
when to make an attempt add bookmark from menu, system outgoing in BSOD  // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Is this reproducible, and what operating system are you using?  I highly doubt foo_bookmark could make any version of Windows BSOD...

foo_bookmark

Reply #41

Is this reproducible, and what operating system are you using?  I highly doubt foo_bookmark could make any version of Windows BSOD...

Yes I usually get that only when I leave my computer on for a long time or clock my memory. It's usually related to the memory or graphic card, possibly heating or power issues.... or just MS in general

foo_bookmark

Reply #42

Yes I usually get that only when I leave my computer on for a long time or clock my memory. It's usually related to the memory or graphic card, possibly heating or power issues.... or just MS in general 

hmm i never get that....

people blame MS too much.... im no fanboy, but their products arent bad

foo_bookmark

Reply #43
Aero
w2k Pro sp3

BSOD be the result use only Kernel Streaming output.
having used DirectSound output, program error:
>DrWatson
The exception generated was c0000005 at address ******** (<nosymbols>)

foo_bookmark

Reply #44
where o' where has our foobookmark gone?  still hopin for a resizable bookmark window, as mine have now gone over 100 & this would be helpful.  really just doing a status check.

thanks aero,

onthejazz

foo_bookmark

Reply #45
where o' where has our foobookmark gone?  still hopin for a resizable bookmark window, as mine have now gone over 100 & this would be helpful.  really just doing a status check.

It is more or less on hold for now, pending the outcome of the Foobar 0.7 license situation.  I might release more 0.667 compatable revisions, but unless the license changes, I likely won't be updating it to 0.7.

foo_bookmark

Reply #46
Geez, what's up with the whining?

"Getting hysterical or demanding changes is counterproductive and unnecessary." ~ Aero
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_bookmark

Reply #47
As indicated in another topic, he might be interested in selling his work.

foo_bookmark

Reply #48
Geez, what's up with the whining?

Reality check...onthejazz asked about the staus, and I said it was on hold pending the outcome of the license situation.  Period.  Must you post your whining in every thread?  How about some intelligent, on topic discussion (for a change)?

As for "selling my stuff", Kode, I simply want the freedom that is available in Foobar 0.667.  That is why I will continue to develop components for the latest free (as in speech) version of Foobar.

foo_bookmark

Reply #49
Just something you mentioned in regards to a web interface component.

I should stop expecting others to fit my own mindset.