Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1622740 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #50
mainly a bugfix release

v 0.93

- fix (regression): server was not visible to foobar clients anymore
- fix (regression): WMP was not able to play content streamed as WAV anymore
- fix: on foobar shutdown, server byebye was not notified to clients
- add: preset settings for WMP client
- add: server: added option to not allow seeking (used only to stream to WMP for now)

foo_upnp

Reply #51
This release seems to work very well so far. Just one small thing: With the foobar preset applied streaming mpc files doesn't work. Disabling "Stream all files ..." makes it work again though. I guess not every file format can be streamed even if it's a foobar client and server.

foo_upnp

Reply #52
This release seems to work very well so far. Just one small thing: With the foobar preset applied streaming mpc files doesn't work. Disabling "Stream all files ..." makes it work again though. I guess not every file format can be streamed even if it's a foobar client and server.

Don't forget that when using  "Stream all files ..." you need on the local playing foobar, the correct codec. Check that the mpc codec is installed. When streaming as WAV it is the reverse: you need the codec on the server, not the client.

foo_upnp

Reply #53
Don't forget that when using  "Stream all files ..." you need on the local playing foobar, the correct codec. Check that the mpc codec is installed. When streaming as WAV it is the reverse: you need the codec on the server, not the client.
MPC decoding support is a native feature of foobar.

foo_upnp

Reply #54

Ah exact forgot about that. MPC does not seem to be streamable directly via http, I get the same error using my provider's http server.

foo_upnp

Reply #55
For uninteresting technical reasons playback of MPC files over HTTP is currently not supported.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foo_upnp

Reply #56

Ah exact forgot about that. MPC does not seem to be streamable directly via http, I get the same error using my provider's http server.

as far as I know (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Musepack) MPC isn't streamable (yet). SV8 of MPC should include streaming support, though it's still beta and I'm unsure if the streaming support is enabled in the beta. Foobar already plays back SV8, though.

EDIT: whoops, just saw Peter's reply...
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

foo_upnp

Reply #57
hi! first of all well done for this plugin.
I wondering if there is any way to show the media library by directory structure instead of By Album, Artist...  (an option like in Album list panel)?
if yes, how to proceed ?
if no, is it planed for a newer version ?
Thanks

foo_upnp

Reply #58
v 0.94

- chg: preferences are splitted on several pages + pref page for the Browser
- add: browser: fetch remote album art (can be disabled in UPnP browser prefs). Work with components using foobar builtin album art interface
- add: browser: preference settings to automatically remove all remote items in all playlists when a server disconnects (off by default). Useful with server not generating persistent URLs
- add: server: preference settings to generate non-persistent URLs, simpler to parse for some hardware clients (off by default)
- add: server: preference settings to toggle generation of DLNA protocol info, toggle off may be needed for some hardware clients
- chg (cosmetic): round returned track duration to the nearest greatest second, like foobar does.
- fix: server: always stream Musepack files as WAV/LPCM
- fix: server: files with '(' or ')' in path were not playable

foo_upnp

Reply #59
OK! I can now play mp3, aac and wma on the Popcorn Hour! I think I've tried all possible settings combinations, but somehow I can't make the other files play. The best I've got is a valid sound file icon instead of an exclamation mark when I used WAV instead of PCM for decoding, but playback never starts.

Keep up the good work!

foo_upnp

Reply #60
hi! first of all well done for this plugin.
I wondering if there is any way to show the media library by directory structure instead of By Album, Artist...  (an option like in Album list panel)?
if yes, how to proceed ?
if no, is it planed for a newer version ?
Thanks

I too had a thought regarding the display of the media library. I use a ton of custom tags in my files, mostly to have both the tags in the original text (Japanese in my case) as well as a romanized format. If there was some way to specify a custom sort order for the library, this plugin would be about perfect in my opinion.

foo_upnp

Reply #61
I use a ton of custom tags in my files, mostly to have both the tags in the original text (Japanese in my case) as well as a romanized format. If there was some way to specify a custom sort order for the library, this plugin would be about perfect in my opinion.

Regarding Japanese Kanji, are they showing up alright in your client? On my Popcorn Hour, anything that is not us ascii looks garbled.

foo_upnp

Reply #62
I use a ton of custom tags in my files, mostly to have both the tags in the original text (Japanese in my case) as well as a romanized format. If there was some way to specify a custom sort order for the library, this plugin would be about perfect in my opinion.

Regarding Japanese Kanji, are they showing up alright in your client? On my Popcorn Hour, anything that is not us ascii looks garbled.

That's due to the fact the upnp lib I use do not encode strings as utf-8 which it should do according to the UPNP spec.
And then you'd have to pray for your player to decode utf-8 well

foo_upnp

Reply #63
That's due to the fact the upnp lib I use do not encode strings as utf-8 which it should do according to the UPNP spec.
And then you'd have to pray for your player to decode utf-8 well

That's one thing I KNOW it does

foo_upnp

Reply #64
Hi@all,

first of all: great work and great plugin!

I was trying to connect to the foo_upnp-server from a windows mediaroom system and hadn't much luck with it. I read here that wmp is capable to connect to foo_upnp-server. Can someone point to the right direction on to get it managed. Or does I missunderstood something? Is here somebody else which is working with a windows mediaroom system?

Any suggestions would be great!

Greetz,
Rainer

foo_upnp

Reply #65

I believe they do show up ok, but I'll have to check this when I get home; I'm using a PS3, which is certainly capable of rendering UTF-8 characters.

In any case, I could live without correctly rendered Japanese text if I could access the custom tags.

foo_upnp

Reply #66
Yep, Japanese text definitely comes through correctly on PS3:

Obviously, I'm not getting any album art, though.

foo_upnp

Reply #67
This is a really cool component! But I'm a little curious: Is it possible to expose this server through my router/firewall and access it from the internet (at work etc.)?

If this is possible, it would be really cool if it was able to stream a less bandwidth consuming format, like mp3 (as it's dlna compliant).
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_upnp

Reply #68
This is a really cool component! But I'm a little curious: Is it possible to expose this server through my router/firewall and access it from the internet (at work etc.)?

This is something I thought would be cool and I want to do but it will take some time. This could make this plugin useful to more people.

If this is possible, it would be really cool if it was able to stream a less bandwidth consuming format, like mp3 (as it's dlna compliant).

I suppose you mean transcoding lossless to mp3. This will be almost mandatory with the feature above (access from internet).

foo_upnp

Reply #69
Does anyone know of a iphone client that will work with this?

foo_upnp

Reply #72
I got plug player but it does not seem to auto detect the server. What would be the proper address to make it work?

It could be your firewall getting in the way and blocking broadcast traffic (Kerio personal firewall  does that by default).
So to test that it is the firewall, you could disable it (you might want to not be connected to the internet while trying that).
You can also share some files with Windows Media Player and see if PlugPlayer see it.
Finally check that the server is started (in the Status pref page). Sounds silly but you never know...
You can also have a look at the tversity faq concerning possible network problems as well as this one about firewalls.

As for the URL, you can try http://<your pc ip>:56923.

foo_upnp

Reply #73
Bubleguuum, FWIW, Roku still doesn't worku with .94 beta. Tried different combinations of options, with and w/o DLNA, for example, and with different format files. Browses fine, but then fails to retrieve the file (no buffering, just the error message). Tried 2 different units and two different computers; all necessary ports are open.

Anybody else using this plug-in with Roku Soundbridge successfully?

foo_upnp

Reply #74
New release (first post to download) with the last significant feature of this plugin: remote access of your foobar collection from the Internet (or the WAN), all within foobar.
That means that yes, you can access and stream from work your collection at home.

To configure remote Internet access you have to set some params  in Server/Advanced settings:

- public server IP: this is your static visible internet IP address. If you're using a router and the server runs under a PC using NAT, you'll have to configure your router to redirect incoming traffic
on the configured server port to the private IP of your PC running the server. Example: your public  IP is 1.2.3.4 and your PC IP running the server on the LAN is 192.168.1.100, and the server runs on port 5678. You have to configure
your router to redirect incoming traffic on port 5678 to the PC 192.168.1.100 of your LAN. If there's a firewall as well it must be configured to allow incoming connection on this port.
- login/password: a login and password to protect remote access. This is not super secure but should be sufficient for the purpose. Do not use an important password.

To test that the server is accessible from outside, connect to it with your browser using http://<public ip>:<server port> and you should see a blank page.

Note that it is possible to use port 80 as the server's port. This can be useful if other non-standard ports are not allowed by your admin.

To connect to a remote server, use the contextual menu in the UPnP Browser panel and select "Add remote foobar2000 server". If all goes well after you set the ip/login/port/password,
the remote server should appear in the browser. A remote server can be removed by the context-menu on its node. For security reasons remote items are never persistents and do not survive a server restart.

Along with Internet access, it's now possible to transcode audio to mp3. Look into Server/Streamed Audio for configuration.

v 0.95 (BETA)

- remote internet access
- transcoding to mp3
- various small fixes.

known limitations
---------------------

- no error messages at all in case of failure at connection
- may not work with multiple remote servers (untested).