Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Suitable Amplifier? (Read 2266 times) previous topic - next topic

Suitable Amplifier?

Hi could anyone please suggest a cheap amplifier to use with my Sonus Faber Electa's?

Just need something to drive them for new years party while i sort out my tube amp.

Thanks,
Jake.

Suitable Amplifier?

Reply #1
Well, according to John Atkinson's measurements from Stereophile's original review of the Electas, they're super-easy to drive - no weird phase angles, and the impedance never drops below 6 ohms - so pretty much any amp should work just fine (well, any amp that will stay on and not cut out  ).
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Suitable Amplifier?

Reply #2
Yey!
Thanks for quick reply! what sort of watts should i be able to throw at the speaker?

The speakers are 8 ohms btw

Suitable Amplifier?

Reply #3
Eight ohms is just the nominal impedance. The actual impedance is frequency dependent, thus mixminus1's comment.