Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embedded Album art (Read 4359 times) previous topic - next topic

Embedded Album art

I need to find a way to batch embed album art in FLAC files.
As an example, if I have a directory containing 001.flac, 002.flac, etc, and then also contains 001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc. corresponding to the audio files, how can I use mp3tag or perhaps metaflac to embed those JPGs in the corresponding FLACs?

I need something that doesn't require individually selecting the art and assigning it to each FLAC.

Embedded Album art

Reply #1
This post will help you do that.

Embedded Album art

Reply #2
This post will help you do that.

Thanks, rohangc.
I saw that thread, but it's really all Greek to me.  I've tried using metaflac as shown in that and other threads and on the FLAC website, but nothing's worked.  I'm a beginner at this stuff, and I've never used any of the command line tools to do anything with FLAC.

I keep trying to use the --import-picture command, but I get command errors.  Maybe I just don't understand the syntax requirements for assiging wildcard values and associating each JPG with a specific audio file.
As for the BAT file, I can't really tell what each line is doing, so I'm not sure what to do with it.  Do I need to specify any parameters before saving it as a BAT?