Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #5] From: Flac Encoding Suggestion (Read 1330 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #5] From: Flac Encoding Suggestion

Thnx for the above info.I would like to know about the details i written on my earphone(impedance etc) and their meaning and also do you guys know any place where i could possibly find a forum for android that is focused on music or do hydrogenaudio have a specific section for it?

Reply #1
Thnx for the above info.I would like to know about the details i written on my earphone(impedance etc) and their meaning

They are unrelated to music format.  Plug size is just what type of connector fits (if it fits your phone then it fits).  Other than that: if they sound good enough for you, then they sound good enough for you.
The number one could maybe care about is the "impedance" figure. Your phone is spec'ed at 32 and your 'phones at 16 - that is usually close enough, isn't it?

As for music ripping, I recommend dBpoweramp. Full integration with AccurateRip, and very easy to use. A bit of functionality is reserved for the Reference version that costs $$s.  ExactAudioCopy has a paid and easier-to-use version called EasyAudioCopy.

Reply #2
The frequency ranges advertised for headphones or speakers are always very generous and misleading estimates. Actual frequency response is normally quite variable across the range that you can hear, and if you are a normal adult, you probably have some dips in what you can sense, so flat-response headphones wouldn't be ideal anyway. Your model is not at http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph but if you pick some at random you'll see it's normal for headphones to be anything but flat; loudspeakers are the same way. As Porcus said, if they sound good to you, don't worry about the numbers and graphs.

As for impedance, I'm not an expert here, but generally speaking, amplifiers, including the one driving your phone's audio jack, "expect" to have a certain amount of electrical resistance ("load") provided by the speakers or headphones. Having a higher-than-expected load means the volume level will be lower and maybe you'd want an inline headphone amp; a lower-than-expected load means it will be higher and maybe you'll want to turn the phone's volume down a bit.