Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559737 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5475
OK, lots of colour codes would also contribute to it. It can flicker even in the old version, it just takes more to do it.

Anyway writing my own status bar control, or maybe replacing it with something else, would be the solution. I will have a think about it...

Columns UI

Reply #5476
I have the same flickering problem under Windows XP SP3, with a fairly standard script. The update interval also is 2 sec.

Code: [Select]
$if(%ispaused%,Paused,Playing) | %codec%[ %codec_profile%][$replace(%__tool%,LAME,'Lame ')] | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | $caps(%__mp3_stereo_mode%) | %playback_time%[ '('%length%')']$tab()[%replaygain_track_gain%][  %replaygain_album_gain%  ]

Columns UI

Reply #5477
Request for an option (cutting artwork in playlist) :

Now:

What I'd want:

workable ?

I'd like to second this question; if this could be introduced in Columns UI, then we would no longer need an update allowing only selected album art (for instance, for albums) to be displayed.

Columns UI

Reply #5480
Thanks, i'm blind 8-D

Columns UI

Reply #5481
Yeah, take that glasses off

Columns UI

Reply #5482
Request for an option (cutting artwork in playlist)

I'd like to second this question; if this could be introduced in Columns UI, then we would no longer need an update allowing only selected album art (for instance, for albums) to be displayed.

Do you also cut all your CD-cases if they don't fit on your shelf?

At least this should be an OPTION, not a default behavior!
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5483
I don't think I ever suggested it should be default behaviour? Obviously I would prefer a full update allowing us to specify when album art is displayed, but in leu of this, the ability to crop (for when there are fewer than a specified number of items) would help many.

Here is my original problem, which I understand many people face when using Columns UI; I organise my music in the following fairly generic way:

Artist Folder     > Album A
                          > Album Track 1.mp3
                          > Album Track 2.mp3
                          > FRONT.JPG
                  > Album B
                          > Album Track 1.mp3
                          > Album Track 2.mp3
                          > FRONT.JPG
                  > Single 1.mp3
                  > Single 2.mp3

At the moment, I have grouping as:

$meta(ALBUM ARTIST)
$meta(ALBUM)

This arranges my music in the way that I want; that is, with each artist having their own group, under which are the singles, proceeded by the albums. My problem is thus: With the singles, there is a 'No Art' image and a line above them, as if they were another album. There is presently no way to get Columns UI to change the display from:

to...

The most any of us can have is a black 'No Art' image, but unless we're content to have tiny album covers, this leaves huge blank gaps where an artist may have only one song in the library. Also, it doesn't fix the problem of the additional (unwanted) horizontal line, signifying another 'group'.

Columns UI

Reply #5484
You can (for now at least), get rid of the white line with a $tab(). You can't get rid of the space the line occupies though.
Concerning the album art, you might want to try a 1 pixels high and as many pixels wide, as you specified as Artwork width, transparent png. I don't know if this would work though.

Columns UI

Reply #5485
You can (for now at least), get rid of the white line with a $tab(). You can't get rid of the space the line occupies though.
Concerning the album art, you might want to try a 1 pixels high and as many pixels wide, as you specified as Artwork width, transparent png. I don't know if this would work though.

Do you mean create a 1x1 transparent PNG for the No-Art image? I just tried that and had no luck. If you mean specify 1x1 as the artwork size, then that sort of defeats the object of this UI. 

Also, how would I use the $tab() code? How would I insert that into this grouping?

$meta(ALBUM ARTIST)
$meta(ALBUM)

Columns UI

Reply #5486
Concerning the $tab code, you would write the following:
$if($meta_test(album),%album%,$tab())

I meant that you could create a transparent png of the width, that you specified as the artwork size and the height of 1px. I didn't test this though and thus have no idea if this will actually work.

Columns UI

Reply #5487
hello, first post

i have a simple scripting request that i cant for the life of me figure out. is there a way to make a single column that sorts by album, then disc number, then tracks on that album (for something like a trance compilation that may have multiple artists on it), but then also sorts the rest of a playlist by artist?

i think album artist is basically the way to solve my problem; i have the trance compilation tagged with a single album artist. what script would i put so that the compilation would appear in the proper order (discs & tracks) in line with my other music in a single playlist, where the rest of the music is tagged by artist only?

Columns UI

Reply #5488
Concerning the $tab code, you would write the following:
$if($meta_test(album),%album%,$tab())

I meant that you could create a transparent png of the width, that you specified as the artwork size and the height of 1px. I didn't test this though and thus have no idea if this will actually work.

Ah nice idea, though unfortunately I just tested it and Columns UI allots the space (for instance, of 100x100) regardless of the art size, which is then enlarged/reduced as necessary.

Columns UI

Reply #5489
Columns UI 0.3.7.9 released.

This should prevent the status bar from flickering

Console panel 0.4 released

This throttles updates to the panel when the console is being "spammed", and increases the maximum number of messages displayed to 200.

Columns UI

Reply #5490
Columns UI 0.3.7.9 released.
Console panel 0.4 released

musicmusic,

thank you very much for both of your updates.

With CUI v0.3.7.9 the flickering is completely gone (in spite of my intensive use of colour codes) and the status bar now shows its content absolutely smoothly!

And since it was me who asked for more entries in the Console panel I appreciate v4.0 very much.

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Columns UI

Reply #5492
Sorry, i want to report another small problem i have (with Item details).
Under certain circumstances word wrapping doesn't work correctly.

Workaround: clicking "Word wrapping" twice, but doing some other actions with item details and problem reoccurs.

Columns UI

Reply #5493
Hi,

Just put up 0.3.8.0 - should fix that issue.

Thanks for the report.

Columns UI

Reply #5494
Love this UI - except on startup it does not display the full playlist, if I just resize the window, it displays ok at that point - any suggestions?

Columns UI

Reply #5495
Love this UI - except on startup it does not display the full playlist, if I just resize the window, it displays ok at that point - any suggestions?

It sounds to me like you may have locked some panels in a wrong way. If they are locked, try unlocking them and see if it fixes the problem
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5496

It sounds to me like you may have locked some panels in a wrong way. If they are locked, try unlocking them and see if it fixes the problem

Nope no panels were locked.  Would seeing my FCL help?  Does this forum allow uploads?

Columns UI

Reply #5497
You can use the upload forum, also some screenshots would be good.

Columns UI

Reply #5498
@musicmusic, could you add special toolbar button that would display main menu items in popup menu. I'm talking about something like this:

Columns UI

Reply #5499
@musicmusic, could you add special toolbar button that would display main menu items in popup menu. I'm talking about something like this:

mixcherry,

how did you realize not to have foobar's main menu in your screenshot's layout?

I like your idea of having such a toolbar button, combined with the possibility to do without the main menu bar.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.